• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Alder Lake-S leaks

Associate
Not something I'd normally do but went with the 12900k Retail (Usually get the model below I've in this case would have been the 12700k)

However my current cooler the Corsair H150i Pro RGB isn't compatible with Alder Lake so I am ordering the H150i Elite Capelix in White for my white build but Corsair are being very unhelpful with information on when the standoffs will be available there isn't even a notify button on the UK website for the standoffs.

Kinda quite annoying to be honest, It's not like LGA 1700 has just magically sprung upon them we've known for months, So with my CPU and motherboard hopefully coming next week it's all going to be an expensive paperweight for god knows how long, Thanks Corsair.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Not something I'd normally do but went with the 12900k Retail (Usually get the model below I've in this case would have been the 12700k)

However my current cooler the Corsair H150i Pro RGB isn't compatible with Alder Lake so I am ordering the H150i Elite Capelix in White for my white build but Corsair are being very unhelpful with information on when the standoffs will be available there isn't even a notify button on the UK website for the standoffs.

Kinda quite annoying to be honest, It's not like LGA 1700 has just magically sprung upon them we've known for months, So with my CPU and motherboard hopefully coming next week it's all going to be an expensive paperweight for god knows how long, Thanks Corsair.

Get an Asus mobo and simply use the LGA 1200 mounting holes instead as their boards have both hole sets! Can then use your AIO's 1200 bracket.

Nice! That 12700KF will suit your usage (similar to mine) and will be a substantial upgrade on your 6700K. Do some timings before you strip it all down as I'd be interested to hear what real-world improvements you get.

Aye I have been thinking about this all day! Just reinstalled Cyberpunk and will set up a batch export of a few hundred RAW files in Lightroom and time how long it takes to export to JPEG between them :cool:

Last edited:
Associate
Get an Asus mobo and simply use the LGA 1200 mounting hols instead as their boards have both hole sets! Can then use your AIO's 1200 bracket.

Yeah I'm getting the Strix Gaming A which does have those holes but I don't think the bracket is the issue Corsair have got some different standoffs I believe but I have no idea why maybe they're a different height or something, They're not very clear on the subject

I think I messed up with the multi quote.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Ahh yeah I see now. Surely though if the board has the 1200 holes then just use the AIO's 1200 standoffs etc as if it was a 1200 socket CPU? The height remains the same does it not between 1700 and 1200?

I have no idea lol but am hoping the Arctic Freezer II I ordered just works this way else I'll be twiddling thumbs too.

Back
Top Bottom