Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
I'm certainly on the side of 'magic eraser is amazing'. I took a photo this morning of a canal and lock. It had a guy on the path next to it. I open the photo and select magic eraser, it scans the photo and highlights the guy. One tap and he's gone... VERY clever and literally took seconds. Yes, there's a slight blur where he was, but I think you've got to be looking for it.

Ista a great add on for sure. Some people just love a moan ha.

Associate
I'm also on Nov 5th. No further updates available

So do you not get the percentage on pulldown at all? I can see it even if I peek the draw down.
I may have tapped the toggle to turn it on and again to turn it off while going through settings but I can't recall if that were before or after the update come down.

Reminds me of a friend with a different phone on the same software and customisation as mine, who didn't have the toggle to hide the mobile network name from the status bar.
"EE - WiFi Calling" takes up a fair bit of space! :cry:

Soldato
So do you not get the percentage on pulldown at all? I can see it even if I peek the draw down.
I may have tapped the toggle to turn it on and again to turn it off while going through settings but I can't recall if that were before or after the update come down.

Reminds me of a friend with a different phone on the same software and customisation as mine, who didn't have the toggle to hide the mobile network name from the status bar.
"EE - WiFi Calling" takes up a fair bit of space! :cry:

Good man. Toggling on and off brings it back!

Thanks. Remains after a reboot too so all good now.

Soldato
Returned my P6, apart from the screen pretty much felt like a downgrade from my P5 - probably an unpopular opinion here but feels like it's been rushed out. Battery life was extremely poor, I'm no power user either.

No point spending £600 if you can't see any material benefits.

Surprised about the battery though, I've caned mine all day since it arrived this morning including loads of updates and app downloads.

It was only about 50% on arrival and is at 22% currently.

I did find my Flip 3 was a bit iffy the first few days and seemed to be draining very quick (but it is a small battery).

After about a week though it seemed to level out and was lasting until nighttime. Maybe it was my usage, some people say this adaptive stuff and the battery learning is nonsense but I don't know.

Associate
Good man. Toggling on and off brings it back!

Thanks. Remains after a reboot too so all good now.

Oh! Nice that the ramble about toggling the setting actually fixed it for you! :D I hadn't noticed that it wasn't there, if it wasn't there before, to be honest, but glad that's sorted it!

Regarding battery, I seem to have got around 5 hours screen on time since last full charge, though I can't see overall stats, and added the blocks to get to that figure roughly. Detailed battery usage information seems to go backwards with every new version of Android!

Soldato
Coming from a Mate 20x the Pro seems quite small .

Will put it through the mill later but seems like a really good phone so far. I'm sure the camera will be up there with the best of them, as someone else pointed out there isn't really much between flagship cameras these days and essentially it comes down to personal preference and expectations, just because you're rocking the best lens out there doesn't make you David Bailey.

A 'good brush still needs a decent artist' as they say.

Last edited:
Soldato
Magic eraser works well if there's a person stood far away, stood infront of some trees. Then it's pretty damn perfect.

I have one photo of us all playing crazy golf, and removed my son from the photo. That worked well.

Other than that, a blobby mess. I've no doubt it will get really good in time.

There was one photo I did which came out about 90%, which was actually more impressive as there was a lot of put back underneath the missing person.

I'll see if I can find it to post.

Last edited:
Associate
The phone is in my wife's possession now, but a quick go last night and the overriding experience is how slippy it is! It's mad. It was on a level surface and still slipped off!

Also, the black grey colour is so boring. It was the only option and it's going to be in a case ASAP (see above) but the images online made it look really attractive, but irl it's just dull.

It's not as big as I thought it was going to be. A lot of negative comments on the size worried me, but it's fine. I am used to my S21 Ultra though.

I find out later how she's got on with it today.

Soldato
Returned my P6, apart from the screen pretty much felt like a downgrade from my P5 - probably an unpopular opinion here but feels like it's been rushed out. Battery life was extremely poor, I'm no power user either.

That's the absolute opposite to me, I've been using mine since 6am as of right now and I'm still on 41% battery life.

Everything on my device is silky smooth.

Soldato
It's on the setup screen.. did you skip it by any chance?

No it doesn't show if you skip WiFi setup, I didn't have sim in either. I assumed as it used cable you didn't need to be connected.
Whole point was me being too lazy to dig out WiFi passwords. Used network data instead and then it imported my WiFi from other phone.

Back
Top Bottom