Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
The phone is in my wife's possession now, but a quick go last night and the overriding experience is how slippy it is! It's mad. It was on a level surface and still slipped off!

Also, the black grey colour is so boring. It was the only option and it's going to be in a case ASAP (see above) but the images online made it look really attractive, but irl it's just dull.

It's not as big as I thought it was going to be. A lot of negative comments on the size worried me, but it's fine. I am used to my S21 Ultra though.

I find out later how she's got on with it today.
I think the size depends on where you're coming from. Going from p5 to P6 is a big change

Soldato
No it doesn't show if you skip WiFi setup, I didn't have sim in either. I assumed as it used cable you didn't need to be connected.
Whole point was me being too lazy to dig out WiFi passwords. Used network data instead and then it imported my WiFi from other phone.
Ah yeah it needs internet for validation purposes as you're copying sensitive data over to a different device.

Soldato
Had mine delivered yesterday and it's been out of the box once. Annoyingly the case doesn't look like it's going to turn up for another ~10 days.

Will have a play around with it this evening, but won't swap out my old phone for it until the case arrives.

Also wanted a screen protector but they seem to be as rare as hens teeth, so means i'll end up getting fingerprint marks all over the screen until i can get a screen protector.

The Spigen glass screen protector is getting hammered with bad reviews on Amazon.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Well sat here playing with the 6 and 6 Pro together and I've gotta say, I prefer the Pro. The size difference is negligible, about 5mm taller, and 1mm wider. But the Pro feels better in the hand ('Ladies' /Flossy Carter)

The zoom on the camera on the 6 is a step down from my 4XL with its 2x zoom. The telephoto on the Pro is brilliant.
Don't mind the curved sides.
They are both like bars of soap!
Screen looks better on the Pro.
Not a fan of the FPS but I never was, my fingers just don't get on with them, I already miss face unlock (and motion sense!)

Is it worth the £250 more? Dunno, that's up to the individual, YMMV. Will play about more later.

Associate
Got my p6 delivered today - I've only recently got a z flip 3 but decided to use separate phones for home and work. I'll be honest, I'm blown away by it - each element feels so polished it's making me re-evaluate my thoughts on my last couple of phones (all Samsung). I'm starting to see why people get attached to these.

Soldato
Well sat here playing with the 6 and 6 Pro together and I've gotta say, I prefer the Pro. The size difference is negligible, about 5mm taller, and 1mm wider. But the Pro feels better in the hand ('Ladies' /Flossy Carter)

The zoom on the camera on the 6 is a step down from my 4XL with its 2x zoom. The telephoto on the Pro is brilliant.
Don't mind the curved sides.
They are both like bars of soap!
Screen looks better on the Pro.
Not a fan of the FPS but I never was, my fingers just don't get on with them, I already miss face unlock (and motion sense!)

Is it worth the £250 more? Dunno, that's up to the individual, YMMV. Will play about more later.

I don't regret getting the pro.....it's only money.

Think my caselogic case is coming tomorrow. If it's half as good as my OP sandstone I'll be happy. Disappointed with the spigen one I got.

Caporegime
Really wanted to stick to the Google launcher, but the lack of swipe on shortcus has done it for me. Not sure why Google refuse to donthis on Google launcher.

Soldato
Do you think Google will open up the theme icons so app developers can make a matching icon?

I know it tooks bloody years to get damn circles, and even now some apps are still square....but would be pretty good I think. Quite like them actually.

Associate
I love the soft rubber feel of the Pela case I have on a P5, but they haven't got their P6 version out yet. Any other companies doing that kind of case, not in black?

Soldato
Three didn't deliver mine today :-/

Apparently there was a processing error and it'll arrive tomorrow

Any recommendations for a good P6 case? It sounds like it's slippery without one!

Back
Top Bottom