What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
£1.699/litre now for V-Power diesel. Crackers. Brent at $84, so not particularly high. Big oil in full clawback mode now. Can see it pushing more people to electric if it's sustained for any period.

Soldato
I'm not sure if it fits the 6.5 but I can check if you send me a photo - I have an Armster arm rest I bought and is sitting in my loft. Yours for free/cost of shipping if you want it. Black leather.

That's mighty generous but the way the handbrake is in the Mk6 the armrest would sit above it, so I wouldn't really use it as I don't like the feeling of the handbrake being hard to get to. Thanks anyway.

Soldato
That's mighty generous but the way the handbrake is in the Mk6 the armrest would sit above it, so I wouldn't really use it as I don't like the feeling of the handbrake being hard to get to. Thanks anyway.
No worries. I was apprehensive for that reason to but it does lift/fold up. Let me know if you have a pal who wants it - it's just gathering dust and it's a shame as it was about 80 quid iirc.

Soldato
Passed MOT second time after garage sorted a seized brake cylinder. Would've rather serviced all of the brakes at once, but I may have struck a deal with the garage...

I will offer some electronics expertise in exchange for a few parts or some labour :D

Soldato
You buy V Power diesel?

I'm not sure I've ever seen the point in 'premium diesel'. It's not the same as Unleaded v Super Unleaded, is it..

I've always found my engine runs better, even vs regular Shell diesel. This is the EA189 VAG 4-cylinder, so not the last word in refinement. Pick up seems better at low revs too. Definitely a difference between it and regular Shell, which in turn is better than supermarket diesel (in my particular engine).

Soldato
£1.60 for V Power petrol today. Mad money at the moment, pains me to pay that for juice.
I've resorted to using Morrisons 97ron super.
£1.45L here.

Tesco 99 is £1.46L but its 10miles away.

Shell here is £1.62L... so I won't be using that even if it is only 3 miles away.

Caporegime
£1.60 for V Power petrol today. Mad money at the moment, pains me to pay that for juice.

Grab it while its cheap, it will be even more next week. Oil prices still climbing. They are forecasting (normal) petrol will rise by 8p per litre yet in coming months. You will soon be paying £1.70 for shell v power petrol.

Man of Honour
Grab it while its cheap, it will be even more next week. Oil prices still climbing. They are forecasting (normal) petrol will rise by 8p per litre yet in coming months. You will soon be paying £1.70 for shell v power petrol.
Yea, good job I don't have an oil tank for my heating at home coming into winter!!

Oh crap.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Yea, good job I don't have an oil tank for my heating at home coming into winter!!

Oh crap.

My mum fills hers in summer, usually around 6-700l (1000l tank) as prices are much cheaper. Heating is only on winter months so it's not too bad. That reminds me, I need to go do my annual clean of her AGA soon.

I haven't filled my car since 14th September and don't like the look of prices but I'm on my last 1/4 and might as well get it now. I had hoped things would calm down, meh! Glad I don't commute anymore.

Man of Honour
I had a new tank fitted this year as the old one didn't meet with the new fire regulations. It was placed onto a wooden platform, now replaced with concrete and lacked the fireproof bagging and cut off tech demanded by current regulations. The tank was 1800L but now 1400 litres and I also use oil for water heating so always use it year round.

Anyway, we digress :D

Soldato
Paid £400 at bodywork place to fix wheel arch and part of rear bumper. Thanks to a **** who parked on the road the wrong way. I was driving (stop/start) on in the opposite direction to the car was parked. **** did a turn in the road and drove into me. Then he buggered off. Didn’t catch his reg. Asked 4-5 businesses near to incident if their CCTV caught the reg. None didn’t catch the plate.

Didn’t claim on insurance as excess is £200.

Soldato
Paid £400 at bodywork place to fix wheel arch and part of rear bumper. Thanks to a **** who parked on the road the wrong way. I was driving (stop/start) on in the opposite direction to the car was parked. **** did a turn in the road and drove into me. Then he buggered off. Didn’t catch his reg. Asked 4-5 businesses near to incident if their CCTV caught the reg. None didn’t catch the plate.

Didn’t claim on insurance as excess is £200.

Next investment might need to be a dashcam.

Back
Top Bottom