Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
Just looked at the specs for the 20x...wow! It's pretty much a full centimetre longer and wider than the P6P!

I'm using my 5ii at the moment as my P6P is charging...16.6mm narrower, it must feel huge! (That's what she said)

I've recently got rid of 5 II, how are you finding the screen smoothness between that and P6 Pro?

I got the regular 6 and while it is smooth with 90Hz, just doesn't feel as buttery as I got used to on the Sony with 120Hz.

Associate
They seem about the same! I can't imagine your P6 will look slow for long, you'll get used to the drop, until you use your 5ii or see a P6P :D I do feel that the P6P handles things like dark mode a little better especially at lower brightness. The trailing isn't noticeable though it could be because Sony opted for total black whereas dark on the Pixel is very dark grey (I think, not at the phone right now, but I've not noticed trailing)

How much did you get for it...will be listing mine in places soon...

Associate
Standard pixel 6 arrived back of 2 and i have been messing about with it since. First pixel phone and gesture control taking a bit of getting used to, tried installing Nova but couldn't get the three buttons to appear at bottom of screen. Had bought a spigen case and spigen tempered glass screen protector.
Case fits really well, so does the protector but it totally ruins the fingerprint reader. Will give it a couple of days to see which protector i go for next.

Soldato
Mine arrived on Friday. Coming from a pixel 5 which I've been using completely unaware that evie launcher has been binned so it looks like I'm needing to find another suitable launcher. Currently trying Niagara but meh, I don't like paying for simple features.

Any good recommendations? Similar to Evie?

Soldato
Mine arrived on Friday. Coming from a pixel 5 which I've been using completely unaware that evie launcher has been binned so it looks like I'm needing to find another suitable launcher. Currently trying Niagara but meh, I don't like paying for simple features.

Download APK online and continue using Evie..

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Standard pixel 6 arrived back of 2 and i have been messing about with it since. First pixel phone and gesture control taking a bit of getting used to, tried installing Nova but couldn't get the three buttons to appear at bottom of screen. Had bought a spigen case and spigen tempered glass screen protector.
Case fits really well, so does the protector but it totally ruins the fingerprint reader. Will give it a couple of days to see which protector i go for next.

Change it in the phone settings, system, gestures.

Mr mobile review.

Soldato
Picked mine this afternoon....transferred all the setup from my old phone but an update has been stuck on this for around 2 hours. Have rebooted twice and get the same result, anyone had the same thing?
BgQNdQx.jpg.png

Caporegime

What's wrong with the Google launcher? Nova?

Associate
Pixel 6 Pro arrived today and I compared it with my S21 Ultra.

The Pixel is a great phone but just isn't good enough to replace my S21, so it shall be going back.

I'd be perfectly happy with the Pixel if I was in the market for a new phone though, just thought this might have been my ticket back to Pixels after last years tiny phone.
Interestingly I found the pixel screen not as sharp or bright as the S21 and the main other reasons for not going for it was photos aren't obviously better than the s21, which I was hoping for and i've got really used to having HDMI out and split screen.

Soldato
I do see what they mean about the fingerprint reader though, it is accurate but you have to keep a finger on the screen for a split second for it to register.

Testing it side by side with Samsung Note 10, it seems slower as with the Samsung I can just about tap the reader to unlock whereas here you have to hold your finger. It isn't actually slower to unlock but feels like it due to having to hold the finger. Accurate so far though but have to slightly adjust how you use it.

Soldato
I do see what they mean about the fingerprint reader though, it is accurate but you have to keep a finger on the screen for a split second for it to register.

Testing it side by side with Samsung Note 10, it seems slower as with the Samsung I can just about tap the reader to unlock whereas here you have to hold your finger. It isn't actually slower to unlock but feels like it due to having to hold the finger. Accurate so far though but have to slightly adjust how you use it.

Not a big deal at all tbh. Blown way out of proportion.

Now, no face unlock is a big deal ha.

Back
Top Bottom