Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
Picked mine this afternoon....transferred all the setup from my old phone but an update has been stuck on this for around 2 hours. Have rebooted twice and get the same result, anyone had the same thing?
BgQNdQx.jpg.png

Yep mine took an age to do it so I just let it get on with it. I did however pause it whilst my apps were still updating etc, as I found it was stopping them.

Associate
Got my 6pro earlier and either my phone is different or I have some weird hands because I find the 6pro to be super grippy yet everyone else is saying how slippy it is but I am used to having my 4XL caseless anyway so maybe this is why

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Well sat here playing with the 6 and 6 Pro together and I've gotta say, I prefer the Pro. The size difference is negligible, about 5mm taller, and 1mm wider. But the Pro feels better in the hand ('Ladies' /Flossy Carter)

The zoom on the camera on the 6 is a step down from my 4XL with its 2x zoom. The telephoto on the Pro is brilliant.
Don't mind the curved sides.
They are both like bars of soap!
Screen looks better on the Pro.
Not a fan of the FPS but I never was, my fingers just don't get on with them, I already miss face unlock (and motion sense!)

Is it worth the £250 more? Dunno, that's up to the individual, YMMV. Will play about more later.
To add to this, the haptics of the pro are much better, you can feel the motor in the pro is much lower down where you hand is, on the 6 it's up the top and feels very weak in comparison

Soldato
Got my 6pro earlier and either my phone is different or I have some weird hands because I find the 6pro to be super grippy yet everyone else is saying how slippy it is but I am used to having my 4XL caseless anyway so maybe this is why

Think it's down to how dry your hands are, mine always get drier towards the evening and feels less grippy as a result but also found the grip good on it.

To add to this, the haptics of the pro are much better, you can feel the motor in the pro is much lower down where you hand is, on the 6 it's up the top and feels very weak in comparison

Yeah noticed that it seems to be at the top, I actually flipped the phone upside down in my hand and haptics instantly feel better but obviously can't use it like that.

Soldato
It has been said before but the phone is hella slippery, not just in hand but also on various surfaces. I just put it on a shelf next to my bed with the screen facing down and watched it slowly sliding off the shelf. Seemingly even half a degree off from perfect level and the pixel phone will just slide off eventually.

Associate
Alright smart a**e lol, I did have a case on mine.

Not trying to be a smart **** mate! Am just surprised that there are phones that amount larger than a phone people are already whinging is too big!
The phone size seems fine to me, its not a great deal longer than my 5ii, but is a noticeable amount wider. Similar to when I had a 7 Pro, get used to the size pretty quickly!

Associate
Really wanted to stick to the Google launcher, but the lack of swipe on shortcus has done it for me. Not sure why Google refuse to donthis on Google launcher.

What's wrong with the Google launcher? Nova?

You got over the lack of swiping on shortcuts pretty quickly! ;)
I've just gone ahead and installed Nova 7 on my P6P as I fancied making my home screen look less cluttered, as I have done in the past. I stopped using third party launchers with my 5ii as Sony haven't implemented the API for third party launchers to hook into the animations when using gestures so it looked horrid.

I've got swipe up to open another app on all of my dock icons (swipe up on dialer opens duo for example) And a couple of folders on the home screen which run the first app when tapped but open a folder on swipe.
Much cleaner :D Turned off labels on the home screen too! 5x6 grid both home screen and drawer, and of course disabled single-line labels in the drawer because I can't stand the labels getting cut off!

Oh and double tap to sleep!

Soldato
Pixel 6 delivered today and pretty much all set up. I'm coming from a Huawei mate 20 so a flagship of a few years back. It's nowhere near as slippery as my mate 20 Pro and much nicer to hold without a case on it, I may end up using this caseless and just with a leather sleeve.

There's a few things to get used to in Android 12, but I'm liking a lot of the tweaks and quality of life stuff like the now playing and the home controls directly from the lock screen. The screen even though it's only 1080p is much nicer than the mate 20 Pro, it has much more pop and contrast and is in no way a downgrade.
Haven't tried the camera yet, but the voice typing is quite frankly amazing. I'm actually writing this whole post now using just voice typing and it's putting in proper grammar and punctuation!

A couple of issues though. Firstly the old charger for my mate 20 Pro which is a 40 watt charger does not charge the phone at all. So looks like I'm gonna need to buy a new charger. Secondly, the volume and power buttons are the opposite way round. Deal breaker!
The haptics are extremely nice, especially the one where you press to hold and change the wallpaper on e home screen and just in general it feels like a nice premium product, and easily equal to my old flagship phone of 3 years ago.

I'll try to get some pictures over the weekend with my proper camera with a comparison to the mate 20 Pro as it's exactly the same size. But obviously the technology has moved on in 3 years so there's a large difference in feel using the device.

This post was brought to you by the Google pixel 6 voice typing with only minute corrections in grammar and spelling!

Back
Top Bottom