Google Pixel 5

Soldato
Hello, after upgrading to Android 12, I can't have a centered Google At a glance widget?

I can add a second, but there is no way to remove the top one?

Also, I have lost Skype notifications on the lock screen, I can hear the alert and the screen activates but unlike Whatapp nothing is show on the lock screen, an application bug that needs fixing from Microsoft?

android.png

It actually is considered centred as when you have a calender event it will take up the whole top bar of the screen.

It's very annoying, I know.

Associate
Anyone else going from 5 to a 6/6 Pro?

I am, went through the Google store last night. Got the better charger block and will use my 10% store credit for the stand when that comes out. A maximum of £210 for the trade in and the Boss headphones, I'm excited!

I do love my Pixel 5 but I just what a bigger screen with everything else that google offer.

Soldato
Actually ignore me! There are 2 ways to a screen shot.

Power button + volume down = you get the capture more option

Using swipe up to recents and taping screenshot has no such option! Weird implementation.

Another thing is that the option is not available everywhere.. say chrome = no option, Facebook = capture more available.

Soldato
Actually ignore me! There are 2 ways to a screen shot.

Power button + volume down = you get the capture more option

Using swipe up to recents and taping screenshot has no such option! Weird implementation.

Another thing is that the option is not available everywhere.. say chrome = no option, Facebook = capture more available.

It's a start from Google. I'll take it.

Soldato
Getting some issues with locking/sleeping the phone and the AOD with Android 12. It seems to have the following difficulties:
  • Doesn't always lock after the screen timeout period (mine is set to 2 minutes) and the screen stays on with proximity sensor going mad
  • When you hit the power button to lock it and send it to sleep, it locks but doesn't sleep and just gives me the lock screen. I have to hit the button again to send it to sleep.
  • Sometimes the AOD doesn't show at all when it is sleeping, and I just get a fully dark screen
Wondering if a factory reset will fix it, but not sure whether it's worth it with a P6 coming this week. Anyone else getting these issues?

Soldato
Getting some issues with locking/sleeping the phone and the AOD with Android 12. It seems to have the following difficulties:
  • Doesn't always lock after the screen timeout period (mine is set to 2 minutes) and the screen stays on with proximity sensor going mad
  • When you hit the power button to lock it and send it to sleep, it locks but doesn't sleep and just gives me the lock screen. I have to hit the button again to send it to sleep.
  • Sometimes the AOD doesn't show at all when it is sleeping, and I just get a fully dark screen
Wondering if a factory reset will fix it, but not sure whether it's worth it with a P6 coming this week. Anyone else getting these issues?
Not had that issue myself. Did you upgrade to 12 from Android 11 or 12 Beta?

Soldato
Anyone having issues with smart lock?

I've had my home as a trusted place but whenever I click turn off screen, it now requires pin again to unlock
Yes smart lock has been broken for me for ages. Have my car BT connection and home both as trusted but neither work.

Associate
Has anyone found that on Android 12 on a Pixel5 that the Battery usage only displays 24 hours? And not all the usage as in Android 11, so now you can not see how long the phone battery has lasted like 4 or 5 days.

Just for information, my phone updated from Android 11 to Android 12.

Has anyone else notice this? I think it is very silly of them to do it like this.

Soldato
Has anyone found that on Android 12 on a Pixel5 that the Battery usage only displays 24 hours? And not all the usage as in Android 11, so now you can not see how long the phone battery has lasted like 4 or 5 days.

Just for information, my phone updated from Android 11 to Android 12.

Has anyone else notice this? I think it is very silly of them to do it like this.

Yes, both are regressions IMO. Very annoying and makes it more difficult to compare battery usage across different scenarios and phones. But there we go... :(

Soldato
Bit of a game changer to share here... or at least it will be for anyone that has struggled with the fingerprint scanner.

If you're like me and tend to do quite manual tasks which result in "worn" finger tips and/or suffer from slightly greasy / sweaty skin and find the Pixel 5 FPS to be utter carp... do this (stolen from reddit):

1: Clear the fingerprint scanner with a soft cloth and some water or rubbing alchohol or whatever (do make sure its dry after)

2: Place an adhesive transparent tape on it (it will not adhere completely, but it doesn't seem a problem) - Sellotape to you and me. Make sure its well pushed down agsinst the FPS- I cut off a square that more than covered the FPS and was large enough to have the edges covered by the case once reapplied

3: Go to Settings -> Security -> Pixel imprint and remove any registered fingerprint

4: Register the same finger multiple times like normal

Granted this is not in any way an ideal fix BUT it works an absolute treat and has removed my one and only massive gripe with this dear little phone!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom