Monzo/Starling Banking/Revolut

Soldato
EDIT - Unless @randomshenans was trying to be funny of course.
who-me.gif

Soldato
Not sure if there's a better thread but this seems relevant. Maybe the Trading the Stockmarket would be the only alternative.

Are there any issues going on at Visa?

I have current accounts with First Direct and Natwest, a few months back First Direct switched my debit card from Visa to Mastercard and i've just had an email from Natwest who are making the same switch. I assume HSBC are the same given they own FD. This article suggests Santander also moed earlier in the year.
https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-mastercard-natwest-idUSKBN2A40XK

Just seems an odd move as i'd have thought their offerings would be virtually identical and the effort to switch would be costly and time consuming.

Soldato
My Advice is do not get a Revolut Metal Card if you are interested in the Smart Delay feature as its a load of ****. If you are delayed by more than 1 hour you are supposed to get upto 4 free Lounge passes. Well on Saturday my Flight was delayed and this is how it went down.

1. Firstly there system adds 1 hour on to your flight time so its impossible to claim one after 1 hour. You have to actually wait 2 hours.
2. I waited 2 hours and phoned up the number you are supposed to call. A guy answered said he didn't know what to do and the other guy who did know is currently on the phone and that he would phone back. So there is literally 2 people managing this service.
3. I get no call back.
4. I phone 3 more times , this time they answer the phone but don't reply and put the phone down on the side so i can hear them eating and even the TV they are watching.
5. Contact Revolut support directly this time instead who wanted proof the flight was delayed as there "system" was showing it was not, at this point my flight had been delayed by 17 hours.
6. Revolut finally authorize use of the boarding pass and ask me to purchase 4 and they will refund me. The only problem is i had now been home for 2 days by this point.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not sure if there's a better thread but this seems relevant. Maybe the Trading the Stockmarket would be the only alternative.

Are there any issues going on at Visa?

I have current accounts with First Direct and Natwest, a few months back First Direct switched my debit card from Visa to Mastercard and i've just had an email from Natwest who are making the same switch. I assume HSBC are the same given they own FD. This article suggests Santander also moed earlier in the year.
https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-mastercard-natwest-idUSKBN2A40XK

Just seems an odd move as i'd have thought their offerings would be virtually identical and the effort to switch would be costly and time consuming.
I have an RBS account from a past switching incentive I rinsed them on. They had the cheek to "green wash" their announcement email by saying the switch to Mastercard was also environmentally sustainable as the Mastercard is 90% recycled.......ignoring the fact they are sending 16 million VISA cards to landfill prematurely. Outrageous.

No idea what the swap is about but Revolut did the same a while back (I have the original VISA and a new Mastercard) and I think Curve? did too.

VISA seems to be least popular for Debit cards?

Soldato
No idea what the swap is about but Revolut did the same a while back (I have the original VISA and a new Mastercard) and I think Curve? did too.

Revolut offer both. At one point you could pick which you wanted (I have 1 of each) but they now say that you can't. My original card was a Mastercard and if I try to order a new card now it'll be a Mastercard.

Curve has always been Mastercard only I believe.

Back
Top Bottom