What TV shows are you currently watching

Finished Spiral, a French Police drama, all eight seasons (2005-2020). It took a little while, 60 minute, 12 episodes per series, with the exception of the final, 10 episodes.

The series maintained the same quality throughout, avoided typical cop clichés; a genuine insight into the French judicial system and Paris (eye-opening). Highly recommended if you like euro thrillers and don't mind subtitles.
I love Spiral! :)

I found the ending very fitting too and didn't disappoint.

Soldato
Watch the first The Outlaws last night. New from Stephen Merchant with good cast (including Christopher Walken!) about a group doing community service in Bristol.

Started off like a sitcom but stretched out over an hour and got a bit more serious towards the end of the episode.

Not sure what it is aiming at. Will watch another though.
The second one is up for download or streaming.

I quite enjoyed it if Im honest. Not really sure why.

Soldato
Finally finished the six part dramatisation of a true, but horrific, set of events depicted in "A confession"
Very much enjoyed it, although quite disturbing and upsetting as to what was revealed. The actors Martin Freeman, Joe Absolum playing two of the central characters, and do so most convincingly. Will not write much else, do not wish to spoil, but it is very much recommended.

Started to watch Season 3 of Ghosts, just watched the first episode last night and all the charm of the previous series seems to remain. Good fun.
I have noticed that there is currently an American based adaptation of this series now showing, that is still in season one.

I'm mid way through watching the BBC documentary on that American Insurrection earlier in the year.

I'd read lots about it afterwards but holy heck, I hadn't realised how aggressive and threatening some of them were.

It was just incredible to see live footage from one of them and the bizareness of some, of their thinking.

Just, mind-blowing.

Will finish the rest later today.

Soldato
Currently i have gone back to watching Elementary. I started a while back but stopped at about the end of S3 and i am currently coming to the end of S6. Its fine for a bit of TV. Not exactly the Sherlock we have in the UK but its watchable in a Colombo sense. Looking forward to seeing the conclusion of the guy from Dexter story.

Soldato
Actually started You the other night on a whim, very slick and smart first episode that made me think it's something I could get into.

However 3 episodes in and already rolling my eyes a bit and feel like i'll end up more frustrated than satisfied in a while. I'll watch the entirety of the 1st series to give it a decent go but some of the minor plot holes and convenience is already quite annoying.

Soldato
Ted Lasso - 3 or 4 episodes in and it's difficult to say if it's good or not. I like the lead actor, I like football but some of the other actors are just terrible and Im not even sure if it's just a pee take about players or they're just genuinely bad.

I'll keep going as it does have some funny moments and some good story to it.

Associate
Started watching Succession S3 but have realised I'm no longer built to wait a week for another episode. Unsubbed from the Reddit with the intention to hold out till mid December to watch S3 but thought I'd rewatch S1 again to remind me what went on. Ended up doing the whole thing in 2 nights so I have zero control. Never seen Banshee before so going through S1 now to keep me Succession-free.

Soldato
Watching Bad Education at the moment - 2 episodes in to season 3 (only 6 per season). Little bit of nostalgia from catching the odd episode when it was first released, but I haven't seen it all before and absolutely loved it so far. Sense of humour just really tickles me, and there are bits of the writing that just remind me of my own school days so much. Have to say season 3 feels a bit different to 1 and 2 - different style of dialogue and jokes maybe, a few political references, and I'm not quite so keen on it. Still enjoyable so far.

Back
Top Bottom