Energy Suppliers

Caporegime
Lol and people think nationalising energy will mean cheaper energy and well run companies.... another good example would be robin hood energy lol
What people want is utilities not run for profit by companies owned by foreign Governments. The UK Energy provider EDF is wholly owned by the mostly State owned Électricité de France. The Government owned French power company takes profits from the UK market! TBH it's the same on our privatised publix transport too, many joint companies are state owned by foreign governments.

Caporegime
What people want is utilities not run for profit by companies owned by foreign Governments. The UK Energy provider EDF is wholly owned by the mostly State owned Électricité de France. The Government owned French power company takes profits from the UK market! TBH it's the same on our privatised publix transport too, many joint companies are state owned by foreign governments.
Which allows low carbon nuclear energy as part of uk energy mix. No energy company is making a profit right now anyway.

Caporegime
Have been with Octopus for three months, shock and surprise as they now want to put my DD up. It’s not a massive change, £92 to £103 but I’m in credit by over £100 already. I’ll allow it as the jump isn’t too much but will be sure to supply readings regularly.

Man of Honour
Anybody else had another direct debit taken by Green/Shell even though they have left? I left Green before Shell took the account over yet Green took their usual direct debit this morning, same day as my new supplier Sainsburys Energy so another month I have been hit by a double direct debit for energy. They confirmed my final meter reads had been accepted two weeks ago but I have still had no final bill and they are still taking money even though my account was in credit. I am getting sick and fed up with companies incompetance which only seems to be getting worse these days.

Associate
I totally forgot to cancel my Avro DD. They took another £74 again 27th October, DOH!!

Contacted Optopus and apparently that will have made it's way to them. I just have to keep track of my credit as I swapped to E-On a few days before Avro ceased trading. Now I have £349 credit with Avro and £74 with Octopus. DD is now cancelled, I feel dumb for forgetting to cancel it.

Soldato
I get why you cancelled it, the issue with doing it is that Octopus no longer have a mechanism to automatically refund you meaning it will probably take longer to get the refund.

Associate
Have been with Octopus for three months, shock and surprise as they now want to put my DD up. It’s not a massive change, £92 to £103 but I’m in credit by over £100 already. I’ll allow it as the jump isn’t too much but will be sure to supply readings regularly.

If you know your yearly usage work out how much you should pay each month and refuse any requests to raise your DD. I'd say a £10 a month increase is a fairly big change, if it isn't needed.

Back
Top Bottom