*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
Apparently Meta (new name for Facebook) will be creating work accounts that don't link to Facebook, and it's likely this will be broadened out to gaming accounts too.
So hopefully no more need to link to a Social Media platform that can ban you for hurty words that weren't hurty yesterday, but are today.

Associate
ooo not played that one but a GTA in VR !!
(im aware someone modded GTA 5)
GTA SA is a classic GTA and my favourite of the series, it'll be well suited to the quest 2, looking forward to it. A vr mod for GTA 5 was made, its not bad but you can tell its not a professional studio that did it, it uses xbox controller only. Its free though so can't complain really.

Underboss
Soldato
NICE !! :D

no more Facebook required for new users too ?

Yep, when it's rolled out next year.

There'll be a 'meta' account that covers Facebook, Instagram, VR, and any other services. However being banned in facebook should not affect your VR purchases, only Facebook use.

This is a very positive move, but they've had to do it because businesses won't want to use VR for conferencing or work if a social media account is required (Imagine someone being unable to work because their Facebook account got banned and they can never create another one, as only one Facebook account per person is allowed).
Also in Germany regulators are investigating Facebook because you're not allowed to bundle disparate services together to sell something. (You can buy this car but you must subscribe to our SatNav Service or your car won't work), so this avoids that.

Associate
Well my FB account just got locked. Only started it for the Quest 2 and someone has tried to get in a couple of times over the last couple of weeks. This is why I've made no purchases on their store since the enforced Facebook thing. I've seen that Oculus support have started unlinking accounts for those that ask.

I'm going to give them an attempt to sort it out then I'm going to CEX the thing and buy a Reverb. Wish me luck. ;)

Associate
Well five minutes of typing at a helpful Oculus support person by the Name of Ryan I now have my Facebook and Oculus accounts unlinked and am logged in using my original oculus account details. Needed my name, email and oculus username but was painless. Probably breaks social stuff but that's fine as I only interact socially with cats and they can't work the controllers anyway.

Soldato
That is cool however I would still be worried about whoever it was who logged into your account to get it blocked. Have you updated your Facebook details to make sure it is secure?

Soldato
Well five minutes of typing at a helpful Oculus support person by the Name of Ryan I now have my Facebook and Oculus accounts unlinked and am logged in using my original oculus account details. Needed my name, email and oculus username but was painless. Probably breaks social stuff but that's fine as I only interact socially with cats and they can't work the controllers anyway.

You could join us in the hangout thread and interact socially playing some fun games!

Associate
That is cool however I would still be worried about whoever it was who logged into your account to get it blocked. Have you updated your Facebook details to make sure it is secure?

They didn't manage to log in as far as I know. I changed the password then FB helpfully locked me out pending a 'review' or they'll close the account in 30 days. The link they sent me to start the process is broken so they can go ahead and shut it. Never used it except for the Quest 2 and it contains the bare minimum of stuff needed to open an account so I'm not fussed if anyone does get in.

Back
Top Bottom