• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3DMark DirectX Raytracing Feature Test & Port Royal Bench Thread.

Associate

What's even more impressive is he is using an FE card albeit modded but still very impressive score :D
Edit : he was once using an FE card and putting out really high number , was very impressive consider the card used . This looks like a Kingpin card possibly due to the clock frequency and the fact its at 31deg so got some nice cooling going on , either way an awesome score :D

Last edited:
Associate

What's even more impressive is he is using an FE card albeit modded but still very impressive score :D
Edit : he was once using an FE card and putting out really high number , was very impressive consider the card used . This looks like a Kingpin card possibly due to the clock frequency and the fact its at 31deg so got some nice cooling going on , either way an awesome score :D

Cheers. You have a nice card going too. And this is my Kingpin card, yep. The core on the FE is actually the better of the two, although its easier to push the RAM here with FBVDD exposed, so it catches up somewhat. It's interesting how different the cards are. The FE sees peak power spikes at very different points in something like Timespy Extreme than the Kingpin does (the draw from the wall is nearly a full 100w higher on the FE during the GT2 'spin' than the Kingpin, which in turn is higher at other sections and GT1). Of course it's easier to monitor the EVGA card and the unlocked bios saves the work of soldering and endlessly experimenting with resistors.

My EKWB active backplate for the FE has finally been shipped (I've been using the Mp5works approach) so before I do a rebuild on that one I thought I'd finally dial this card in.

As a side point, I've dropped a couple hundred hours on New World while running at this power and these clocks, so consider that another little piece of anecdotal evidence against its card killing ability.

Caporegime
Cheers. You have a nice card going too. And this is my Kingpin card, yep. The core on the FE is actually the better of the two, although its easier to push the RAM here with FBVDD exposed, so it catches up somewhat. It's interesting how different the cards are. The FE sees peak power spikes at very different points in something like Timespy Extreme than the Kingpin does (the draw from the wall is nearly a full 100w higher on the FE during the GT2 'spin' than the Kingpin, which in turn is higher at other sections and GT1). Of course it's easier to monitor the EVGA card and the unlocked bios saves the work of soldering and endlessly experimenting with resistors.

My EKWB active backplate for the FE has finally been shipped (I've been using the Mp5works approach) so before I do a rebuild on that one I thought I'd finally dial this card in.

As a side point, I've dropped a couple hundred hours on New World while running at this power and these clocks, so consider that another little piece of anecdotal evidence against its card killing ability.
Very fast score and impressive.

Can you post Firestrike, Standard, Extreme and Ultra scores since I would like to see the fastest score a 3090 can achieve on those benches and yours is very good looking at the results.

I appreciate it.

Associate
damn lol, I need a better block. My coolant is 25c but 3090 is 55c to 60c using an ekwb block.

I dunno why ekwb blocks are so bad but it's crazy, 30c delta over coolant

Did you ever get this sorted @Grim5 ?

I have the EK block (3090re) with active backplate and my temps right now are 12 degrees above coolant I think. The wire broke on my bykski Barrow sensor (2nd one it’s happened to) so it needs replacing, but it was reporting around 12 degrees prior to that.

Fwiw I’m using liquid metal on the GPU.

Last edited:
Associate
damn lol, I need a better block. My coolant is 25c but 3090 is 55c to 60c using an ekwb block.

I dunno why ekwb blocks are so bad but it's crazy, 30c delta over coolant

That is a rather high delta, especially if you're counting general temp and not hotspot. As others here said, might be worth remounting and checking pressure - perhaps some overly stiff pads are weakening core contact. I've also found EK to be rather hit and miss with their surface contact lately in terms of the lapping quality over the die, although the EKWB FE Special edition did again me a couple degrees over the (surprisingly good value) Corsair block that hit the market first.

Very fast score and impressive.

Can you post Firestrike, Standard, Extreme and Ultra scores since I would like to see the fastest score a 3090 can achieve on those benches and yours is very good looking at the results.

I appreciate it.

Thanks, and I'll try and get those installed and do a general roundup of benches on the FE once I get the new backplate on. I guess some of them might be a bit past it; Firestrike will be 10 years old next year. But it is nice to see the evolution of things; hell, I still miss the 3dmark 2001 Max Payne lobby :)

Associate

Great score bud. And running that power/clocks in New World stable is very nice!

Back
Top Bottom