Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
Yeah. I want to see a pic to see how well it fits round the phone and how much bulk it adds. And whether it's worth £25.

It's pretty thin, has extra ridges above and below the camera to provide protection there, as otherwise it will fit closer to the body then the camera protrudes. On the edges at the front it wraps round and extends slightly further then the screen. I was concerned about that the clear frosted one was going to be a hard plastic, but fortunately isn't, it's more rubbery. I like it.

Soldato
A quick note on the Pixel 6 battery. I've tested 65 phones over the years, the P6 has the third best score ever, beaten only by the Real Me X2 Pro and Xiaomi Mi A3.

Accubattery now tells me I could do 11½ hours of screen on time...

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
A quick note on the Pixel 6 battery. I've tested 65 phones over the years, the P6 has the third best score ever, beaten only by the Real Me X2 Pro and Xiaomi Mi A3.

Its not that bad is it. Not battered it in use but on my second day now @ 36% left I am going to let it get really low out of habit on first cycle (aware some batteries may not need this these days).

Soldato

What's your screen on time drain like? My 6P seems to drain a fair bit of battery with it compared to my 2XL.

Soldato
Question... When I used to cast to Chromecast from Samsung, I had a notification panel I could swipe down and control video from there. Now I don't get that on p6...
Is there a way to do it ?
Switching to YT app for example can be a pain....and will take w long time to get used to..
Thanks

Soldato
Question... When I used to cast to Chromecast from Samsung, I had a notification panel I could swipe down and control video from there. Now I don't get that on p6...
Is there a way to do it ?
Switching to YT app for example can be a pain....and will take w long time to get used to..
Thanks
I get the notification.

Screenshot-20211031-115336.png

Soldato
Well my P6 Pro is going back, nice attempt but falls short in too many areas for me personally.

- The FPS is awful. 11 attempts this morning to recognise my thumb, no issues on the Samsung it was supposed to replace
- Not a fan of Android 12 and its child like looks, have One UI 4 beta on the Samsung and its much better imo, far more intuitive and everything is where it should be.
- The stills camera is underwhelming, especially the UW and the area clearly issues with focusing still.
- Video is absolute gash and slo-mo which I like to mess around with isnt fit for purpose in a so called 2021 handset. My old £300 Huawei from 2017 produces better video quality.
- Network reception in my work place is awful, 0-1 bar of 4G on O2, sometimes no signal at all...Can happily get 5G on the Samsung and as I cant access wifi at work this is a deal breaker unfortunately.

Will say though battery life seems excellent, actually class leading but I primarly changed to get the proposed Pixel magic on the camera, I havent seen any of it and it actually felt like a pretty downgrade vs the S21 Ultra.
Both in image quality, usability and software and I'm not sure what the hell the so called 'Tensor' chip is doing but it feels like a whole bunch of not a lot.

Soldato
Well my P6 Pro is going back, nice attempt but falls short in too many areas for me personally.

- The FPS is awful. 11 attempts this morning to recognise my thumb, no issues on the Samsung it was supposed to replace
- Not a fan of Android 12 and its child like looks, have One UI 4 beta on the Samsung and its much better imo, far more intuitive and everything is where it should be.
- The stills camera is underwhelming, especially the UW and the area clearly issues with focusing still.
- Video is absolute gash and slo-mo which I like to mess around with isnt fit for purpose in a so called 2021 handset. My old £300 Huawei from 2017 produces better video quality.
- Network reception in my work place is awful, 0-1 bar of 4G on O2, sometimes no signal at all...Can happily get 5G on the Samsung and as I cant access wifi at work this is a deal breaker unfortunately.

Will say though battery life seems excellent, actually class leading but I primarly changed to get the proposed Pixel magic on the camera, I havent seen any of it and it actually felt like a pretty downgrade vs the S21 Ultra.
Both in image quality, usability and software and I'm not sure what the hell the so called 'Tensor' chip is doing but it feels like a whole bunch of not a lot.
I'm in 2 minds with 6...

Feels heavy..I love the look...maybe with the case it would feel more secure in my hand...

Fingerprint reader feels worse than on my S10+

Camera takes great photos...

Need to find out how I can cancel as I started on moving my phone number to new contract...

Back
Top Bottom