USB 2.0 9 pin header block thingies

Associate
anyone know where I can get the usb 2.0 9 pin headers as I am about to do a rebuild of a clients machine using a lot of aqua computer parts, which have single row USB connections so looking for some headers so I can use 2 per motherboard header but combine them into a single thing
Just looking for the little black connectors with the 9 pin layout only- not needing cables or splitters or anything else

Thanks

Last edited:
Associate
You should be able to put two of the Aqua Computer connectors into one of the motherboard headers without any problem - the connectors are each a single row of pins (or at least that's what AQ typically show in their product images and manuals). So you just need to get the orientation of the two connectors correct and put them both in together.

Or are you looking for something that is more visually pleasing?

Associate
OP
yes- looking to put two single rows from two things- an octo and a D5 next pump 2x farbwerks, into one block so 2 blocks and 4 devices as the mobo has 2 usb 2 headers. I know I could put all 4 in themselves but wouild like to explore tidying it up a bit- thinking about connection 2 devices to a block then running the block as a single looking wire to a header. I only have one free block and would like to get a few more so I can practice making some bespoke runs but cant find the bloody things as not sure what they are called:D

Associate
I think a USB header is basically a 2x5 pin 0.1"/2.54mm shrouded header. So a basic 2x5 pin crimp plug should be fine for the motherboard end - just keep careful track of which way round it goes. For the other end it looks like most of the corresponding male connector blocks are designed for board mounting but a search for "2x5 pin header" seemed to be heading in the right direction.

The Bitfenix Alchemy internal USB extension leads from OCUK look OK to me. I can't seem to find the connector they are using the for male end, though. Perhaps if you specifically want a single cable, you could re-sleeve one of those?

Back
Top Bottom