*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Soldato
used a code EA gave via email So got Gold version for £64 instead of £75?

EA would be better of giving the community a 64/128 player server for a day and recording all footage for their Trailers would be far better gameplay

Associate
It may be just my eyes but the maps seem very lacking in detail and all the buildings etc seem like rather bland boxes - again lacking in much detail. A solution to allow 128 players maybe ?

Caporegime
It may be just my eyes but the maps seem very lacking in detail and all the buildings etc seem like rather bland boxes - again lacking in much detail. A solution to allow 128 players maybe ?

Yup, seems that the graphics have been muted a bit on the whole, even player models don't look any better over bf4.

Man of Honour

More scripted footage, some of it recycled, and some very obvious performance drops..

I see that they have opted for my suggestion from a couple of pages back regarding the "wallhack" skill and decided to turn it into the momentary pulse that I suggested :)

My suggestion for that ability would be to have it as nothing more than a pulse with no duration. So just a one-off in the moment only pulse, on a cooldown. The US military currently has a heartbeat sensor in development which will be able to pinpoint personnel, including out of sight personnel, via their heartbeats, so it wouldnt be a huge leap to think that some sort of heartbeat pulse sensor could be developed in the next 20 years. I think if it was just an in the moment short range pulse skill, which would do nothing more than pinpoint enemy personnel at that split second (and not show their movements etc) on a decent length cooldown, that would still be a useful skill whilst remaining not too powerful

I'm available if you want to hire me for design decisions EA :D

Caporegime

More scripted footage, some of it recycled, and some very obvious performance drops..

This what I hate about gaming now. They are show casing ray tracing. Who gives a dam about graphics. I am sitting here playing transport tycoon. A game that was made in 1994! Gameplay is everything. 10 years ago it would be advertising the destruction model or new gameplay elements.

Also it doesn't change they are advertising something that isn't available to 90% of players :p

Man of Honour
This what I hate about gaming now. They are show casing ray tracing. Who gives a dam about graphics. I am sitting here playing transport tycoon. A game that was made in 1994! Gameplay is everything. 10 years ago it would be advertising the destruction model or new gameplay elements.

Also it doesn't change they are advertising something that isn't available to 90% of players :p

I'm with you, gameplay tops all, though sadly there are a lot of people (as evidenced by all the badillions of people grabbing the latest series cards) for whom graphics are a major thing. Thing with shooters is, they all end up turning the graphics down to get maximum advantage over other players anyway, so it seems a bit pointless. Funnily enough I've always felt the same about racing games, some of them have terrific scenery graphics....which you dont see as you rocket about at 200 mph :D

Having said that, sometimes I am still taken aback by graphics, like Kena Bridge of Spirits, which is one of the prettiest games I've played in recent times.

Associate
Having said that, sometimes I am still taken aback by graphics, like Kena Bridge of Spirits, which is one of the prettiest games I've played in recent times.

For me,
Campaign game = maximum eye candy, RTX, DLSS, XYZ, ETC, ETC.
Multiplayer = low for pro. I need all the help I can get. :D

Back
Top Bottom