NFL 2021 Season

Soldato
offensivly the rams have a chance, although i'm hoping stafford improves when hes been here a bit longer, but defensivly aside from donald their a mess, and don't give us a chance against any decent team.

seen that jets lost wilson to injury not sure how bad yet

Soldato
Saw the 'best plays of the week' on the BBC sport site & I don't think I've ever seen as many 'trick plays' in one Sunday in my 37 or so years as an NFL Fan.

This game made me laugh though in NCAA football on Saturday. NINE Overtime Periods!

Soldato
hopefully someone can explain this to me, rams have traded a LB who's played all the games so far this season, decent stats (46 tackles, six tackles for loss, two sacks, one pass defended and one forced fumble), which paves the way for more playing time for a rookie LB we have, if the rookie was that good surely he'd have been in front of the guy for snaps ?

added to the trade we get a 6th round pick, they get the lb and a 7th round.

have to say the trick plays seem to be getting to be as regular as going for it on 4th down, lions played the rams for suckers with theres this weekend :(

wilson out for 2-4 weeks with a "minor PCL sprain", Wilson said after the game that he heard a "pop" in his knee and it felt "loose." :eek:

Associate
hopefully someone can explain this to me, rams have traded a LB who's played all the games so far this season, decent stats (46 tackles, six tackles for loss, two sacks, one pass defended and one forced fumble), which paves the way for more playing time for a rookie LB we have, if the rookie was that good surely he'd have been in front of the guy for snaps

I think it was said to be due to financials - which is believable. Save $1.3m against the cap which could be used elsewhere this season (promote from practise squad, maybe upgrade RB). Although slightly different, the Bears restructured Robert Quinn's contract recently to give them more breathing space in the cap for the remainder of the season.

Soldato
The Bills made it hard work against the Dolphins yesterday! The first half was awful, I don't think they'd woken up properly after the bye week. The win was deserved in the end though as we came out better in the second half and as much as Beasley is an anti vax idiot, he pulled it out of the bag and stepped up when needed.

Good to see the Jets doing us a favour as well and beating the Bengals, just a shame the Colts lost in over time.

Soldato
The Bills made it hard work against the Dolphins yesterday! The first half was awful, I don't think they'd woken up properly after the bye week. The win was deserved in the end though as we came out better in the second half and as much as Beasley is an anti vax idiot, he pulled it out of the bag and stepped up when needed.

Good to see the Jets doing us a favour as well and beating the Bengals, just a shame the Colts lost in over time.
"just a shame the Colts lost in over time"

HOW VERY DARE YOU!

Soldato
I think it was said to be due to financials - which is believable. Save $1.3m against the cap which could be used elsewhere this season (promote from practise squad, maybe upgrade RB).

it would appear it was to make room for von miller from the broncos, giving away our 2nd and 3rd round picks in 2022, so our 1st pick in 2022 is likely to be round 4 :eek:

Bad news for the titans with Henry out due to a foot injury.

saints lost winston for the season after the injury against the bucs

Soldato
it would appear it was to make room for von miller from the broncos, giving away our 2nd and 3rd round picks in 2022, so our 1st pick in 2022 is likely to be round 4 :eek:

Bad news for the titans with Henry out due to a foot injury.

saints lost winston for the season after the injury against the bucs

Titans picking up Adrian Peterson apparently!

Associate

Yea, although the Broncos have agreed to pay $9m of his $9.7m remaining salary. Hence the high picks Denver got in return.

Fair play to the Rams they are all-in. Tbh I'm not sure there is that much between the elite NFC teams at the moment, minus maybe Brady and co's experience of winning the whole thing.

Soldato
Yea, although the Broncos have agreed to pay $9m of his $9.7m remaining salary. Hence the high picks Denver got in return.

Fair play to the Rams they are all-in. Tbh I'm not sure there is that much between the elite NFC teams at the moment, minus maybe Brady and co's experience of winning the whole thing.

yeah, saw that and i can agree with it , not many 2nd/3rd round picks will be helpful over the period the rams are looking at.

disappointed with the way the rams let the texans score last night it should have been a shut out, still points to the defence not being up to helping us get to a superbowl let alone winning it, thankfully still a big part of the season to go.

Associate
yeah, saw that and i can agree with it , not many 2nd/3rd round picks will be helpful over the period the rams are looking at.

disappointed with the way the rams let the texans score last night it should have been a shut out, still points to the defence not being up to helping us get to a superbowl let alone winning it, thankfully still a big part of the season to go.

It feels like there has been a small regression vs last year, but equally Von Miller could provide a boost. And also it's v.hard to maintain league leading play year-after-year. I feel the Rams have one of the best D's currently and I would trust more than a unit like GB's for example. I thought the Rams might upgrade RB, particularly after Akers, where to me they are less dynamic than their main contenders.

Associate
Such a shame Henry missing now - was on pace for some all time great records. Will be interesting to see how well he comes back and how Tennessee adapt without him.

Soldato
I've just seen the Bills and WFT are trying to work out a deal for Mitchell Trubisky to move to Washington. Not sure what the thinking is there, he's a great backup QB and if Josh is out for a couple games, he could still win them for us, whereas without him, we're probably stuffed.

Back
Top Bottom