Lost Ark EU - !!

Associate
I played it for 5h and can say that the game is very, very good! (96% positives on steam!) Quite interesting, as I've never played hack and slash MMO with top down view .
Pros:
- Gameplay is absorbing with interesting skills
- Wide range of available skills (8 skills can be easily attached to quickslots) with otheer 8 for potions/bombs.
- Interesting plot (however I was skipping it after prologue to see more content, so I cannot speak about late parts of the game)
- Massive amount of content, especially if you're collector of items (or achievements) like me. In 5h I barely touched the overall content...
- Nice to see new mechanics in the genre, like jumping and multiple health bars (I prefer it over a single health bar for bosses, where you can barely see it moving)
- As for alpha, I didn't encounter any bugs.
- Many classes to choose from.

Cons:
- It is MMO, so for certain people it may be annoying to share the instance with other players (especially when they are stealing mobs for the quest you're doing, and I'm assuming in full release it will be even worse). I do not mind that much, but personally would prefer to limit occurence of "random" players to cities/safe zones only like in Path of Exile.
- Classes seem to not be well balanced (both strength wise and how interesting it is to play with them). You can see it even more as game is showing you percentage of people on the server choosing a specific class. However, it is still alpha (so subject to balancing) and I didn't have chance to test them in "end-game".
- Not much was said about monetisation (as there is no in-game store at the moment), but already you can see few mechanics that may be considered P2W.
- Voices and subtitles are different (often one thing is written, and completely different thing is being said). I do not mind it in "normal" conversations with NPC, but when it happens in cinematics, it is quite annoying at least for me.

Other:
- Didn't have chance to try PvP or access "Strongholds"
- Cannot tell much about "grind" as I didn't reach end-game.

Associate
PvP is very similar to arena games like Battlerite - very fast paced with paper, rock, scissors gameplay.

The biggest downside for me is the leveling as I've done it multiple times on different servers and it's always the identical path. I'm really struggling to level any new characters in alpha/beta knowing that any progress will be wiped out before release. Hopefully they will let us test end game content without any leveling included.

Associate
Is this an MMO in the sense of pulling a group together to do a dungeon/raid or just an online open-world RPG?

Soldato
OP
Is this an MMO in the sense of pulling a group together to do a dungeon/raid or just an online open-world RPG?

It's basically and Action RPG MMo :p

Think Diablo type gameplay but on steroids !! It has everything from PvE Campaign - Dungeons/Instances - PvP to 16 player Raids oh and some Sailing.

It has a lot of skill customisation and depth.

Soldato
Still can't decide on buying this..
I'm the same, but funnily enough it's more to do with the isometric viewpoint. It just doesn't look or feel like a mmorpg to me. Doesn't put me off RPGs such as Pillars of Eternity/D:OS2 but in a mmo.. just weird.

Little things put me off games these days.

Soldato
I'm the same, but funnily enough it's more to do with the isometric viewpoint. It just doesn't look or feel like a mmorpg to me. Doesn't put me off RPGs such as Pillars of Eternity/D:OS2 but in a mmo.. just weird.

Little things put me off games these days.

I don't mind the view at all, honestly if it was different it probably wouldn't feel like an (MMO)ARPG

Time to check some streams I think since I didn't get into the Beta this time.

Soldato
damn this looks good

i mostly think i could sink so many hours into this

is this like WOW Pay a monthly fee or not ?

It's like Diablo, but with WoW elements (Dungeons, Raids, PvP etc). It's an MMOARPG. No monthly fee.

You absolutely could sink hundreds of hours into this, that's the part that's making me decide if I'm going to commit to it haha. There's a beta currently live (until Nov 11 IIRC) if you pre-order it.

Associate
The only thing LA has in common with d3 is the top down view.You can play all of the content including end game raids for free without spending a single penny.If you want to flex and get the maximum item level then sure you can spend real cash.
Remember this game has been out for 3 years, it is extremly polished and virtually bug free.It will run on an old pc very well, i have an 1080ti i7 4790k 16g ram and it plays on max 1440 buttery smooth on RU servers.

AAA games can only dream of the content that come free in LA Raids, 70 islands, housing on your own island, crafting, harvesting, mounts pets etc etc all account wide.IMO the polish and free content will make this a big hit.

Been playing on RU servers for months all free, can't wait for eu release!!

Edit....pvp is very balenced, every one has the same skill points and gear...its not a gank fest more skill based.

Soldato
The only thing LA has in common with d3 is the top down view.You can play all of the content including end game raids for free without spending a single penny.If you want to flex and get the maximum item level then sure you can spend real cash.
Remember this game has been out for 3 years, it is extremly polished and virtually bug free.It will run on an old pc very well, i have an 1080ti i7 4790k 16g ram and it plays on max 1440 buttery smooth on RU servers.

AAA games can only dream of the content that come free in LA Raids, 70 islands, housing on your own island, crafting, harvesting, mounts pets etc etc all account wide.IMO the polish and free content will make this a big hit.

Been playing on RU servers for months all free, can't wait for eu release!!

Edit....pvp is very balenced, every one has the same skill points and gear...its not a gank fest more skill based.

Yeah their some of the pros but you didn't mention any cons, such as the real grind needed each week including how end game players needing to run on alts for weekly currency. There's also a pay to win system although it isn't needed if you do the grinding I just mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom