140mm Cooling fans - Air cooling on mesh filters

Associate
Hi all

I need 3 140nn intakes and 1 exhaust for my Be Quiet 802 case. You might think just got for the Be quiet silent 3s however I have heard they are noisy when put just behind a mesh grill filter. So this makes me think, what are good 140mm fans that are not noising when up against the filters? All the reviews I see are in open air or on a rad which is daft when most of us dont use fans in free air.

Thanks

Man of Honour
Setting the fan speed via the motherboard can reduce noise.

ARCTIC P14 PWM PST are good fans can be linked together and controlled pwm controlled and run 1700rpm max .

5 pack can be had for £30.

Associate
The Arctic are good and quiet. There's only noticeable noise at some rpm band, which can be more annoying and noticeable than a bit higher than the "noisy band".
For the P12, between 900 and 1000 rpm sounds like the fans isn't balanced, not the constant uniform sound, but something I can describe as if the fan is slowing down, speeding up very fast.
Used the Pure Wings, which are quiet at low speed, but over 50% are quite noisy. Using Silent Wings now and it's in another league. 70% and is barely noticeable. Sure, only 2 of them here, and as you mentioned before, attached to the Cooler and not close to a mesh filter, but pretty good.
Used Corsair for a short period. Loved them.
Only changed because decid s to get rid of the Corsair AIO noisy high pitch pump.
The ML from the AIO are superb. Used the supposedly inferior LL and was very happy with them. RGB was great, very quiet, even close to a mesh filter, and good airflow.

Back
Top Bottom