That time of year. John Lewis Ad 2021

Soldato
what's the message? it completely lost me and everyone else seems intent on getting wound up on the girl not being a girl or summat like that :p

To remember this Christmas like it was your first you can remember.

Christmas used to be great for me, family together, great food, spending all day with loved ones, great presents, etc.

Now it’s lost an element of that magic. People are no longer here, it’s harder to get together, presents are a bit meh. Food is still great! I guess to me, the message was try and recreate the magic of old even if things are different.

Soldato
Weird stuff going on, young teenagers, 80s song - strikes me as piggy backing on a Stranger Things vibe which wouldn't be the daftest move.

Soldato
Bit too much sexual tension between that kid and a presumably adult alien for my comfort :eek:

Also, I didn't really get the warm fuzzy feeling I presume they were going for. Definitely not their best work.

Soldato
To remember this Christmas like it was your first you can remember.

Christmas used to be great for me, family together, great food, spending all day with loved ones, great presents, etc.

Now it’s lost an element of that magic. People are no longer here, it’s harder to get together, presents are a bit meh. Food is still great! I guess to me, the message was try and recreate the magic of old even if things are different.
none of my childhood Christmases had a alien birds in them, probably explains why it's lost on me :p

Soldato
A FOLLOW-UP to the new John Lewis ad will show a trusting young boy screaming as millions of invasive alien eggs hatch from his body on Christmas Day.

The ad will be shown on Christmas morning, during Santa Claus The Movie, featuring the same boy who previously made an alien friend rushing down to open his presents.
When he spies a special present wrapped in silver foil he tears it open to find an extraterrestrial device, which starts pulsing strangely as he suddenly finds himself suffering agonising abdominal pain.

Advertising executive Jules Cook continued: “The rest of his family back away, terrified, as he jerks and thrashes before bursting open to shower the room in gore and a million star-shaped alien babies.

“We pan out to reveal this is happening in every home in the country and the world, and the newly-hatched otherworldly visitors are consuming humans for their food and painting huge bloody stars across our continents.

“It’s all done to a minor-key acoustic cover of Evisceration Plague by Cannibal Corpse. Should really bring footfall to John Lewis.”

Mum-of-four Jo Kramer said: “Well I don’t care, I think it’s heartwarming.”

- The Daily Mash

Back
Top Bottom