Armoury crate asus rgb

Associate
Hi thanks for looking.

Does anybody no a way around using this crap?

The problem is every time I switch my pc on all my rgb devices are automatically on and blue the colour of my choice. Then windows starts and rgb addressing is switched off. I then have to launch armoury crate and set rgb to on again.

I'm guessing this is the armoury crate software disabling it!

If I shut down my pc without launching crate all rgb lighting comes on again before shutdown.
Windows wouldn't be responsible would it? There's no settings anywhere in Windows for rgb addressing, not what I can find anyway.

Associate
I've found it clunky and hard to use as well. I had settings that have changed. Sure the armoury crate is the cause. Thankfully i'm not overly fussed but it clearly shouldn't be making changes on it's own.

Associate
OP
I've found it clunky and hard to use as well. I had settings that have changed. Sure the armoury crate is the cause. Thankfully i'm not overly fussed but it clearly shouldn't be making changes on it's own.

It's like it's forcing you to open crate every time Windows starts! The thing is after the asus aura stopped working my rgb lighting was still on and solid blue. It was only after updating my bios it went back to breathing colors at me. Maybe If I set the colour then uninstall crate it might go back to the way it was. I like the breathing thing but my gpu is evga and memory is corsair and for the life of me I can't get them to all sync. Sometimes I can get the colours synced but after a few minutes it's like a display of different rainbows inside my pc!

Thanks.

Associate
It's like it's forcing you to open crate every time Windows starts! The thing is after the asus aura stopped working my rgb lighting was still on and solid blue. It was only after updating my bios it went back to breathing colors at me. Maybe If I set the colour then uninstall crate it might go back to the way it was. I like the breathing thing but my gpu is evga and memory is corsair and for the life of me I can't get them to all sync. Sometimes I can get the colours synced but after a few minutes it's like a display of different rainbows inside my pc!

Thanks.

I use an external Usb-c monitor quite a lot too, and every time I switch it seems to want to notify me that I should be doing something with the settings for the graphics performance - in my mind the whole point of programmes like this is to simplify things not create more work for me…

Associate
I'm with you on that, I uninstalled all the software as my RGB always seems to revert to rainbow colours, I've messed about so much I've lost all interest in rbg lighting now, I might give that openrgb a go, but I just don't get it really

Associate
When my motherboard rgb worked, I had used the standalone Aura installer instead of the bloated Armoury crate. Then before installing delete all the modules that are not required leaving just the Motherboard Aura software in my case. Aura is a lot worse than ICUE though with separate executables for every type of aura rgb/oleddisplay addon installed and running by default regardless of if you need or not.

Back
Top Bottom