• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD what you doing to fight off Alderlake?

Associate
I think they most certainly are going big.little.

Why because a rumour site says so? I will take what Joe Macri, Vice President and Product Chief Technology Officer at AMD recently said in an interview over the gossip sites. In his interview he stated it is not in their current roadmap and see little point while their big cores are performing so well and will not introduce it just to up core count

https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/news/amd-big-little-cpus

Soldato
Why because a rumour site says so? I will take what Joe Macri, Vice President and Product Chief Technology Officer at AMD recently said in an interview over the gossip sites. In his interview he stated it is not in their current roadmap and see little point while their big cores are performing so well and will not introduce it just to up core count

https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/news/amd-big-little-cpus

AMD is already doing research on it:
https://www.freepatentsonline.com/10698472.pdf

nJXplAF.png

Soldato
In his interview he stated it is not in their current roadmap and see little point while their big cores are performing so well and will not introduce it just to up core count
So you're taking an article that is a year old in which Macri never actually said "we're not doing it" as evidence that AMD won't do hybrid architectures, despite actual filed patents for such hybrid architectures existing?

And rumour/leaker he may be, but MLID's track record the past 18 months or so has been excellent, very few things he's discussed have proven to be incorrect.

Soldato
So you're taking an article that is a year old in which Macri never actually said "we're not doing it" as evidence that AMD won't do hybrid architectures, despite actual filed patents for such hybrid architectures existing?

And rumour/leaker he may be, but MLID's track record the past 18 months or so has been excellent, very few things he's discussed have proven to be incorrect.

I don't get the point of following a no guarantee leakmonger. There's no actual value in it. Maybe he is right or maybe he's wrong, you can't invest anything in it or you're insane.

Caporegime

MLID predictions are all over the place, he swings wildly from one scenario to another so that in the end he can pluck anyone of them out and say "see i was right"

Take Intel's GPU as an example, in a single video he predicted the performance: RTX 3060, RTX 3060TI, RTX 3070, RTX 3070TI and RTX 3080... or something in between, well that's every GPU from the mid range to the high end accounted for, in essence, and he does this deliberately, whatever happens he's unlikely to be wrong.

I watched that Video, in it he predicted AMD would be doing Big - Little, or Mixed generation cores or none of the above, again any one of us can make that prediction and pretty much guarantee to be right.

Soldato
I don't get the point of following a no guarantee leakmonger. There's no actual value in it. Maybe he is right or maybe he's wrong, you can't invest anything in it or you're insane.
Value? Well no, rumours, leaks and analysis are purely entertainment. But a point comes when you develop a track record for reporting on accurate information you've been given, and so far MLID has been fed pretty good information, with a significantly higher hit percentage than a lot of other leakers. It offers a grain of truth to the pinch of salt.

Soldato
MLID predictions are all over the place, he swings wildly from one scenario to another so that in the end he can pluck anyone of them out and say "see i was right"

Take Intel's GPU as an example, in a single video he predicted the performance: RTX 3060, RTX 3060TI, RTX 3070, RTX 3070TI and RTX 3080... or something in between, well that's every GPU from the mid range to the high end accounted for, in essence, and he does this deliberately, whatever happens he's unlikely to be wrong.

I watched that Video, in it he predicted AMD would be doing Big - Little, or Mixed generation cores or none of the above, again any one of us can make that prediction and pretty much guarantee to be right.
Dude, you're positively schizophrenic when it comes to MLID. Not 12 hours ago you were frothing at the mouth about his Zen 5 big little video, and then almost immediately paraphrasing his information about chiplet densities in conversation with others. Seriously, make up your mind. He's either a wide-shooting hack who talks tripe or he's a good source of information which is worth bringing to discussion. Which is it?

And no, he doesn't predict anything, he discusses the information he's been given with a smattering of analysis or speculation that he always discloses beforehand. The times he's discussed massively sweeping performance targets for a given thing (Ampere ray tracing being an example) has always come from updated information he's received as time's gone on and the picture unfolds. And certainly in the case of Ampere ray tracing, he even clarified why his rumours were changing so wildly, and even did a breakdown video covering why he (and every other leaker) got it so wrong.

He may be a YouTube leaker, but unlike most others (*cough* RedGamingTech *cough* WCCF *cough*) he takes the time to do his own research and digging around, actually trying to filter out the rubbish. Everything he says requires a large bucket of salt simply because of what his content is, but he doesn't actually do what you think he does.

Caporegime
Dude, you're positively schizophrenic when it comes to MLID. Not 12 hours ago you were frothing at the mouth about his Zen 5 big little video, and then almost immediately paraphrasing his information about chiplet densities in conversation with others. Seriously, make up your mind. He's either a wide-shooting hack who talks tripe or he's a good source of information which is worth bringing to discussion. Which is it?

And no, he doesn't predict anything, he discusses the information he's been given with a smattering of analysis or speculation that he always discloses beforehand. The times he's discussed massively sweeping performance targets for a given thing (Ampere ray tracing being an example) has always come from updated information he's received as time's gone on and the picture unfolds. And certainly in the case of Ampere ray tracing, he even clarified why his rumours were changing so wildly, and even did a breakdown video covering why he (and every other leaker) got it so wrong.

He may be a YouTube leaker, but unlike most others (*cough* RedGamingTech *cough* WCCF *cough*) he takes the time to do his own research and digging around, actually trying to filter out the rubbish. Everything he says requires a large bucket of salt simply because of what his content is, but he doesn't actually do what you think he does.

I said the same thing about him 12 hours ago that i said now.

So let me ask you something, Is it Big - Little cores, Multi generation cores or just all the same core like they are now? He says it could be any of them.

I'm going to make the same prediction, you can quote me on that if i'm wrong, i'm not going to be.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
AM4 platform is old, oudated and practically dead. Sure, there's a refresh of Zen3 coming, though investing into a DDR4, PCI-E v4 board when DDR5, PCI-E v5 is available on Intel, is false economy IMO.

Cheaper now, but you'll end up paying more in the long run.
Says the guy who purchased a 11900K :cry:

Permabanned
Intel is really not well.
11900K was slower than 10900K, while this new 12900K is good in synthetic single core benchmarks, some gaming benchmarks at an obsolete 1920x1080, and has a terribly high power consumption.

AMD can just close its eyes now and not even bother to lower the prices :D

Yeah, I said this :eek:

Soldato
But did he actually purchase one, he's been asked multiple times to post scores/benchmarks of his supposed 11900k and never once replied

Posted this at the time, but will post again, just for you :)

yvAdQKE.jpg

This was prior to selling my 3080 Gaming X for more than my 3090 FE cost (after it paid for itself + 50% in mining profit..)

11900k was a very fun CPU to overclock. I'm keeping it for my VR/couch gaming rig, as need a empty room to get the most out of VR, which my work study is too busy for, and my case isn't exactly portable :p

Associate
Posted this at the time, but will post again, just for you :)

yvAdQKE.jpg

This was prior to selling my 3080 Gaming X for more than my 3090 FE cost (after it paid for itself + 50% in mining profit..)

11900k was a very fun CPU to overclock. I'm keeping it for my VR/couch gaming rig, as need a empty room to get the most out of VR, which my work study is too busy for, and my case isn't exactly portable :p
Ok you purchased one, now show us how good it is

Back
Top Bottom