Poll: *** The official Apple Watch Series 7 thread (it now has a proper keyboard and everything!) ***

Will you buy the Apple Watch Series 7?

• Yes - 41mm cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - 41mm non cellular

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • Yes - 45mm cellular

Votes: 15 16.9%
  • Yes - 45mm non cellular

Votes: 28 31.5%
  • No, I won't be buying it

Votes: 39 43.8%

• Total voters
Soldato
The 45mm is only 2.5mm x 1.6mm larger than a 42mm series 3, the 41mm is 1.5mm x 1.4mm smaller.

I'd have personally gone with the 45mm as a male but let us know how you get on.

Soldato
I was basing it off of the side by side image on the Apple Store app on my phone and the 45 looked significantly larger than the Series 3 I have, the screen will be larger in any case even if the watch is mm smaller.

Associate
I was basing it off of the side by side image on the Apple Store app on my phone and the 45 looked significantly larger than the Series 3 I have, the screen will be larger in any case even if the watch is mm smaller.

I have tiny wrists and went for the 45mm . Have you got a picture with your 3 on / wrist size ? Might be a better indicator

Soldato
Well the delivery times been slipping all day, sat outside work waiting for the end of the 14:15 17:15 window to pass, then it slipped to before 10pm, so I cancelled it again, no point in it turning up tomorrow as I'm at Silverstone all day...

Soldato
Anyone on here gone from a 42mm S3 to a 41mm S7, or the 45mm S7?

I want to see some actual side by side comparisons, failing that I'm gonna have to pop into the local Apple store and do it myself...

Soldato
My 45MM Edition arrived today. Took a while to set it up as I had to:

1) Unpair old watch
2) Pair new watch
3) Call EE to hand over EID of new watch in order to transfer the data plan
4) Unpair
5) Pair

It was delivered with watchOS 8 and after several failed attempts I managed to get 8.1 installed. Moving from that to 8.3 was far easier than the initial update. First impressions are that the larger screen is far better, everything isn’t squashed and the keyboard is pretty good!

Soldato
I found the Apple Watch transition quite nice this time around. Paired the watch, went to setup mobile data (usually at this point it would error and I would need to phone EE and give EID and that jazz) but had to wait up to 4 hours (took a couple) and was connected cellular after that.

Was pleasantly surprised. :)

Soldato
My 45MM Edition arrived today. Took a while to set it up as I had to:

1) Unpair old watch
2) Pair new watch
3) Call EE to hand over EID of new watch in order to transfer the data plan
4) Unpair
5) Pair

It was delivered with watchOS 8 and after several failed attempts I managed to get 8.1 installed. Moving from that to 8.3 was far easier than the initial update. First impressions are that the larger screen is far better, everything isn’t squashed and the keyboard is pretty good!
Not sure why you did step 4 and 5, moving from a 6 to a 7, I just unpaired my 6, paired my 7, phoned EE and gave them my EID and then just had to reboot my phone and watch a couple of times and the data plan was active.

Soldato
I've ordered twice now and cancelled both, first as I'd gone for a 41mm, direct from Apple, then I had a moment deciding between the 41 and 45mm versions so cancelled and then ordered a 45 from Amazon which was meant to turn up to work before I left, I sat in the car park after work as it was inside the delivery window, then they moved the window while I was sat outside work so I cancelled that one in a huff, now I'm back to deciding between the 41/45mm again so I'm probably going to end up going into the Apple store and looking at them side by side with my 42mm S3 and working out if the 45mm is going to be too big..

Soldato
Not sure why you did step 4 and 5, moving from a 6 to a 7, I just unpaired my 6, paired my 7, phoned EE and gave them my EID and then just had to reboot my phone and watch a couple of times and the data plan was active.

Ahhhhh OK I was just following what the agent was telling me over the phone.

Damn the lot of you! Despite what I said earlier, I'm picking up a new one this evening :D

You will certainly not be disappointed :)

Commissario
OP
Ahhhhh OK I was just following what the agent was telling me over the phone.
I'm going to straight from the Apple shop into an EE shop and ask them to change the EIN on my account so it's already done. Then I should be able to just unpair the current one, pair the new one and job's a good 'un.

Soldato
Mine has had the money taken and status shipped but delivery still stated as 1st December?

They have them in-store locally to me, but delivery is still end of this month start of next...
I'll pop in tomorrow and see what the solo loops are like as well, although I don't fancy spending £50 on a braided one tbqfh..

Caporegime
They have them in-store locally to me, but delivery is still end of this month start of next...
I'll pop in tomorrow and see what the solo loops are like as well, although I don't fancy spending £50 on a braided one tbqfh..

Yeah my son wants the solo loop for himself to replace his sport loop. Sure there are loads of cheaper eBay type options but I can’t find any that use a sizing scheme like apples to make sure I buy him the correct length. But £50 for a silicone strap is painful.

Commissario
OP
Well this is disappointing. I unpaired my old watch and when I went to pair the new one, the most recent backup was from over a year ago. I thought that unpairing automatically created a backup but it doesn't seem to have done so. I'm going to have to start from scratch.

Associate
I was going to order online, but with the long delivery time on the website, I clicked the pickup option which showed the nearest Apple store having stock. Even though I'm saving it for Christmas, I didn't want the risk of not getting it due to increased demand nearer the end of the year.

The store had plenty in, and I walked in without appointment to get it. Also really helped to be able to see the colours and bands in person before buying. For once, I would say it was worth the effort to get to an Apple Store.

Soldato
Well this is disappointing. I unpaired my old watch and when I went to pair the new one, the most recent backup was from over a year ago. I thought that unpairing automatically created a backup but it doesn't seem to have done so. I'm going to have to start from scratch.

I think it’s due to software versions. If you get your watch up to the same version that your previous one had then you should see your backup again.

Back
Top Bottom