• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Caporegime
NVIDIA Hotfix GeForce 496.61

The hotfix addresses the following issues:
• [Transport Fever/Transport Fever 2] Game will crash to desktop on startup [3411731/3409614]
• [Detroit Become Human] Users may experience micro-stutters during gameplay [3389250]
• [Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon] Visual artifacts may be observed during gameplay [3410593]
• [WRC 9 FIA World Rally Championship/RiMS Racing/TT Isle of Man - Ride on the Edge 2] Game will crash to desktop soon after being launched [3409320/3416650/3408673]

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5253

Associate
NVIDIA Hotfix GeForce 496.61

The hotfix addresses the following issues:
• [Transport Fever/Transport Fever 2] Game will crash to desktop on startup [3411731/3409614]
• [Detroit Become Human] Users may experience micro-stutters during gameplay [3389250]
• [Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon] Visual artifacts may be observed during gameplay [3410593]
• [WRC 9 FIA World Rally Championship/RiMS Racing/TT Isle of Man - Ride on the Edge 2] Game will crash to desktop soon after being launched [3409320/3416650/3408673]

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5253
What a bug fix already.

Caporegime
The 457.51's are such amazing drivers compared to the latest ones, they perform so much better in Warzone with higher minimum's and average's in the frame rates, no crashes AND the Sharpen Filter's work perfectly well with the Nvidia control panel (not black listed) so you don't need Geforce Experience.

Associate
Question about who gets priority.

I currently have a GTX 1050Ti running this driver
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
  • Driver Details
  • ProviderNVIDIA
  • Version30.0.14.9649
  • Date10/20/2021
This is Dell insisting I run this one through their own updates tool. I know there is a newer driver as I had it installed but Dell rolled me back to this one.
Both driver seemed to work perfectly well, so who should I trust the most? Dell or Nvidia.

Thanks.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
The 457.51's are such amazing drivers compared to the latest ones, they perform so much better in Warzone with higher minimum's and average's in the frame rates, no crashes AND the Sharpen Filter's work perfectly well with the Nvidia control panel (not black listed) so you don't need Geforce Experience.

Only used this to test out the shadowplay while gaming. What's other peoples tactic for using these features but not having GFE? Dunno why it needs you to login often rather annoying.

Soldato
unless its A workstation card & you require support or special software always go with NVIDIA for your drivers.

only benefit OEM have is oddities on their platform & support if anything goes wrong

We have a bunch of Telsa cards in HPE servers & the HP version of drivers work better as they fixed some oddities on our platform

Soldato
Hells Bells!

The Division 2 is crashing all over the place with these new Nvidia drivers I installed last week.

Thought I was done with this nonsense..:mad:

Caporegime
Thanks but I dropped back to 471.96 and after playing for 2hrs, not a single freeze and CTD..whereas with the latest drivers, i'd be lucky to see more than 10mins.

Nice one Cooper, also go into the Nvidia Control Panel and change Sharpen to around 50 , Grain to 10. Makes a big difference in games with no frame rate loss ( I hate Geforce Experience, so I don't use it )

V F

V F

Soldato
Nice one Cooper, also go into the Nvidia Control Panel and change Sharpen to around 50 , Grain to 10. Makes a big difference in games with no frame rate loss ( I hate Geforce Experience, so I don't use it )

Ugh, as much as that is a cool feature. I tried that. The artificial sharp edges and you can see some wringing is just too much. Even though my monitor is set to the correct sharpness from test patterns.

Caporegime
Ugh, as much as that is a cool feature. I tried that. The artificial sharp edges and you can see some wringing is just too much. Even though my monitor is set to the correct sharpness from test patterns.

Can't say I noticed! - Although how far did you have the sharpen filter up the scale? :D

Back
Top Bottom