Multirotor, multicopter and quadcopter discussion - The Drone thread

Soldato

It says

"Class: FRZ Active H24. Unmanned aircraft flight not permitted unless permission has been granted by the relevant Air Traffic Service unit or aerodrome operator. For contact details see AIP, Part 3 - Aerodromes, Section AD 2.2"

There is no way they will grant permission for a consumer drone. Not that it would cause issues at the height it was being flown at, but bugs me more for privacy reasons.

Soldato
It says

"Class: FRZ Active H24. Unmanned aircraft flight not permitted unless permission has been granted by the relevant Air Traffic Service unit or aerodrome operator. For contact details see AIP, Part 3 - Aerodromes, Section AD 2.2"

There is no way they will grant permission for a consumer drone. Not that it would cause issues at the height it was being flown at, but bugs me more for privacy reasons.

We grant permissions all the time for Consumer Drones in the FRZ.

Soldato
I got my operator and flyer IDs last year and will label the drone with my operator ID. I'm sure I've read that the drone itself should be registered but I can't find anywhere to register it. Am I imagining that, does the actual drone need to be registered?
In EASA rules (which should be base for UK regulation) only drones for certified category operating need to be registered.
But that category anyway approaches manned aviation in requirements and would include also "air taxi" type uses besides cargo carrying.
https://www.easa.europa.eu/domains/civil-drones-rpas/certified-category-civil-drones

Associate
A few questions

I'm thinking of getting a DJI air 2s, i will be flying it only on private land (want to use it in my farming for crop watching), will i need to worry about the new rules coming in and that the 2s may not get the right EU cert.

will any tablet work with the controller, I've a old pixel tablet that i love to use as the screen. or are you better just spending the money and getting a smart controller from the start.

is the care refresh worth taking out

Associate
Ended up buy the 2s fly more combo, from Amazon, simply because they offered next day delivery to the 3-5 days from DJI. Now I've ordered a tablet holder for my old pixel c tab, as I found my pixel4xl screen unless in any type of sunlight

Caporegime
https://www.dji.com/uk/mobile/mavic...sM_ac4hwsXI6BBM-rwbSMXa1e88RDG9RoCbjsQAvD_BwE

Mavic 3 has been released, really pricey to say the least. If the pro controller was the default controller it would be a bit more palatable, but the controller that comes with it is the same as the one that comes with the air 2.

Damn impressive piece of kit though. You can see where the money has been spent. And it says it comes with the pro controller which costs £579 on its own?

Caporegime
Damn impressive piece of kit though. You can see where the money has been spent. And it says it comes with the pro controller which costs £579 on its own?

Only certain bundles come with it, the most expensive with the apple codex iirc, the rest come with basically the air 2 controller.

Caporegime
Didnt spot that, annoying on the first page the mention it does (without an asterisk to say only if buying the most expensive bundle!)

I had the pro controller with a mavic 2 pro, it's good but massively overpriced, a bright screen with iffy at best touch functionality. The new version of that controller costs over $1000 buying it on its own.:eek:

Don
https://www.dji.com/uk/mobile/mavic...sM_ac4hwsXI6BBM-rwbSMXa1e88RDG9RoCbjsQAvD_BwE

Mavic 3 has been released, really pricey to say the least. If the pro controller was the default controller it would be a bit more palatable, but the controller that comes with it is the same as the one that comes with the air 2.

No EASA or CAA C mark and so will only be able to fly in A3 airspace after December 2022. Seems like a bit of a poor investment if you ask me seeing as how it won't be very useful after just over 14 months.

Caporegime
No EASA or CAA C mark and so will only be able to fly in A3 airspace after December 2022. Seems like a bit of a poor investment if you ask me seeing as how it won't be very useful after just over 14 months.

Thats a shocking omission. I had assumed any new drone coming out now would have that

Soldato
Haven't flown in over a year, pretty sure all my lipos have had it :(

Here's my favourite multirotor, Eachine Aurora 100

IMG-20170608-001209.jpg

Back
Top Bottom