• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
No ideal though, they aren't cheap. I've even had my powerpack handy at times just to keep it going.
Is the capacity lower then, or is it just the features? I know on the os4 there was a big deal about the pointless light being made dimmer to enhance battery life, sure the ps5 does something similar.

Associate
My R2 trigger gets incredibly stiff every now and then, regardless of game. Sometimes it's gritty and sometimes its very stiff. What's the general consensus, is it faulty?

I was tempted to make a joke about stiffness but I'm in my 30's now :rolleyes:

It sounds faulty to me. Neither of mine have ever felt "gritty".

Soldato
Wish this forum had a like button. I totally agree of controller battery life. Feels like I’m always plugging my PlayStation controller in.

Edit - but then again.. it has so many features like the buttons which have force feedback I guess it’s going to happen.

honestly I’ve turned off all those features after astrobot, and get a better battery life. Still… it’s annoying to plug it in. So much so I’ve bought a 3m usb C cable so I can play, and charge at the same time

Last edited:
Soldato
Wish this forum had a like button. I totally agree of controller battery life. Feels like I’m always plugging my PlayStation controller in.

Edit - but then again.. it has so many features like the buttons which have force feedback I guess it’s going to happen.

honestly I’ve turned off all those features after astrobot, and get a better battery life. Still… it’s annoying to plug it in. So much so I’ve bought a 3m usb C cable so I can play, and charge at the same time

I'd agree with that.

Thankfully I bought two and now have the charge station so it's less of an issue.

I have had to open one of them though to replace the R2 trigger spring!

Associate
The controller battery life is pretty frustrating. I went from 100% to empty in about 5 hours playing vanguard last night which is not exactly great.

I did get 2 controllers so quickly swappable but still...

Associate
Can't say I've ever had an issue with battery life when using the PS5 controllers. Even on games that heavily utilise the feedback features eg. Ratchet & Clank, Astrobot. I have two controllers, but haven't had to switch them during play.

Soldato
Is the capacity lower then, or is it just the features? I know on the os4 there was a big deal about the pointless light being made dimmer to enhance battery life, sure the ps5 does something similar.

Honestly no idea, I suspect they cheaped out on the battery, I recall people swapping to higher capacity ones in the DS4 too.

Associate
The battery in both my controls were funny for a bit - one week they'd last 8 hours and still have a bar left then the next I'd get 3 hours if I was lucky. Got the Dualsense charging station so hot-swapping isn't too much of an issue.

Was playing Back 4 Blood last Friday night from about 5pm until midnight, then again in the morning from about 10am until 2pm and had only lost 2 bars on one controller.

Soldato
Never had a problem with battery life, just stick it on the charging station after playing and it’s ready to go for next time. I have a 4m+ long charging cable if needed, but not once had to use it so far other than for the software updates.

Soldato
I think I'd actually prefer the option to use AA. At least I'd only have to replace them once every 1-2 weeks with other rechargeable's then and not fanny about with docks/swapping controllers.

Caporegime
It seems like the PS5 charging station is an essential purchase to me. It plugs in to the mains and you just drop your DualSense in to it when you've finished playing each time.

Soldato
If I am playing something and the controller is low I just use my powerbank which I bought for travelling with the Switch. Rarely do I play anything for over 3-4 hours so it’s never been an issue unless I forget to plug it in when in rest mode. Life is better than the DS4 at least. Definitely drains faster when the newer games utilise the controller haptics etc.

Soldato
I'm going to offload either my PS5 or SX today because I want some extra funds for my holiday next year.
It's a tough decision, SX has way more for me atm but PS5 picks up next year, also I'll save money with the SX coz of GP.
That said, I have plenty of games I never finished etc that I could play on the PS5.
Don't expect anyone can make a decision for me, Im just musing.
No matter what I choose I'll get FOMO but I refuse to replace the console until next year after April.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom