This Instant And Moment - 2021!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Ah yes, I almost forgot it’s the annual ‘let’s see how much money we can blow up in the air, it must be more than our neighbours’. For reference, I live in an expensive area and it’s hilarious watching them all compete :cry:. It’s probably the mums who don’t work who have bought them all and then the husbands that have just gotten home from work who have been sent out to set them off.

Caporegime
How come in the news these days when someone jumps from a bridge it's reported as a "fall" even though they obviously didn't slip and fall.

makes me wonder when there's articles of people falling from windows and balconies if they really jumped.

are they trying to protect the families or trying to stop it being seen as an option?

there's a bridge here people seem to jump off a few times a year, it leads directly to the street when they jump

Soldato
Ah yes, I almost forgot it’s the annual ‘let’s see how much money we can blow up in the air, it must be more than our neighbours’. For reference, I live in an expensive area and it’s hilarious watching them all compete :cry:. It’s probably the mums who don’t work who have bought them all and then the husbands that have just gotten home from work who have been sent out to set them off.
One of my fellow litter pickers heard some bangs during yesterday lunchtime. She did a litter pick in a park a couple of mins walk away. Found the box of fireworks plus carcasses of them in the park. The box of fireworks had a price sticker - £230!!! Anyone who sets fireworks during the day are stupid especially wasting this amount of money. Going to an organised display costs about £20-25 for a family of four plus about £15-20 for food,

Caporegime
One of my fellow litter pickers heard some bangs during yesterday lunchtime. She did a litter pick in a park a couple of mins walk away. Found the box of fireworks plus carcasses of them in the park. The box of fireworks had a price sticker - £230!!! Anyone who sets fireworks during the day are stupid especially wasting this amount of money. Going to an organised display costs about £20-25 for a family of four plus about £15-20 for food,
Our local display at blackheath, which is pretty famous and awesome, is now cancelled due to council budget cuts :(

Soldato
Had fish and chips for the first time in a while, always a good Friday treat :)

Our local display at blackheath, which is pretty famous and awesome, is now cancelled due to council budget cuts :(
That's one less display on my skyline! I sneak onto my landlord's balcony facing east and can see Blackheath, Greenwich, etc down to Bromley.

Soldato
How come in the news these days when someone jumps from a bridge it's reported as a "fall" even though they obviously didn't slip and fall.

makes me wonder when there's articles of people falling from windows and balconies if they really jumped.

It is because they can`t be seen to assume they jumped, so have to say fall. Its like medical terms they dont use RTA anymore, it implies accident they use RTC (C=collision) :)

I get your point though, and agree with it.

Caporegime
a lot of people keep falling of a certain bridge so why don't they fix the bridge

it gets covered in stupid notes like "some days are just harder than others, it DOES get better"

these people are real? like erm if im suicidal last thing I want is to read some notes from some idiot twitter style person.

honestly they used to report it as jumping.suicide until a few years back.

I honestly think the council cares more about their own image and the fact that 2 bridges have people "falling" off them multiple times a year gives the city a bad image.

maybe they can dissociate the bridges with "suicide" rather than attempt to fix the underlying issues.

our society is so broken and feudal

King > nobles > knights > peasants
Queen > MPs > peers/lords > peasants

Soldato
Some knob’s final fusillade of crappy B&M fireworks has set off a house alarm a few doors down, and it would appear that the owners are out, so now it’s warbling away to itself, keeping the whole street awake. Fantastic

Caporegime
Some knob’s final fusillade of crappy B&M fireworks has set off a house alarm a few doors down, and it would appear that the owners are out, so now it’s warbling away to itself, keeping the whole street awake. Fantastic
aren't they only supposed to make sound for about 20 minutes and a light remains flashing until the owner resets it.

Soldato
Kid I coach at rugby overhead me listening to Spotify before the game....

Hey cool retro music Mr abraxaz...

I was listening to blink 182at the time.

I refuse to believe blink 182 is retro! I am not old enough for my teenage music to turn retro...

Soldato
Squeaky bum time.

I get some very heavily discounted Spa stays through health insurance (~75% discount). I made a booking for my parents to stay at one down south on their way home to break the journey up. They should be arriving any time soon and have to pretend to be my/my wife. However i'm not sure my 75yr old dad can pull off looking 35....

I'm hoping the hotel aren't bothered/don't check as otherwise it would be a huge hassle for them having to look for another hotel elsewhere!

Soldato

are they trying to protect the families or trying to stop it being seen as an option?

there's a bridge here people seem to jump off a few times a year, it leads directly to the street when they jump

People get really twitchy about assumptions, lest they are wrong.

I often see (job...) what are obvious suicides reported as unexplained deaths at early investigation. Similar for suicides/ falls.

I'd guess the proportion where the assumption is wrong is small, but it does exist.

Soldato
@Alice In Wonderland Hi, to get images showing:

Go to Imgur/Ibb.co or any image host site, upload the image and the URL.

When you create a post, above the message box look to the right for a photograph type icon. Click that and it opens up a box, paste the image URL in that box and click Insert.

you have the furry carpet mats from the 80s?
sounds unhygienic :p I just dry my self on a tower whilst in the tub/shower then throw it on the floor to stand on.
No, I love sinking my feet into them!!

I do hang it to dry on the towel rail once I've stepped out and am nice and clean.

But I thought she was distracted in the living room with a kong which was stuffed with doggy peanut butter :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom