chromebook v Windows 10 s 11" laptops

Soldato
has anyone any opinions on entry level 11" windows laptops, i have a chrome book i use on the train. but i could do with a full version of office on it and the choice of installing windows software. The chromnebook is nothing more than a web browser, any apps are often worse than just browsing to the website directly

thinking of the HP stream or the Lenovo 1i type of thing

Soldato
You haven't googled hard enough as W10S is trivial to officially convert to W10 Home so don't give up on it yet.
The entry-level devices could be the real problem as they don't have enough RAM or 'disk' space. I had one with 4GB RAM & 64GB eMMC and it wasn't much fun. My current Surface Go 2 has 8GB RAM & 128GB SSD and is much nicer to use (and I do realise it's not entry-level).

Soldato
OP
You haven't googled hard enough as W10S is trivial to officially convert to W10 Home so don't give up on it yet.
The entry-level devices could be the real problem as they don't have enough RAM or 'disk' space. I had one with 4GB RAM & 64GB eMMC and it wasn't much fun. My current Surface Go 2 has 8GB RAM & 128GB SSD and is much nicer to use (and I do realise it's not entry-level).

yeah i will stick with this for now, until i see one with upgradble ram and an m.2

Soldato
I found the 11" screen for working on Windows just too small. I only ever used mine as an emergency device.

The chrome book we have is basically used as a mobile phone alternative that has a bigger screen and keyboard. Basic stuff.

If I wanted to do real office work I'd get a cheap 14" laptop, a Lenovo with a decent screen. Or Macbook Air. My work laptop is a 14" HP business laptop. Great keyboard on it. Screen is a bit dim though.

Back
Top Bottom