*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Soldato
I agree, I was astonished with that decision, was there not one judge who scored it canelo by four rounds? I had GGG clear winner. GGG is one of my all time favourite boxers, never stops going forward, concern now is he's too old.
Saunders was doing ok against Canelo until he got his eye socket shattered. Callum Smith was nowhere near good enough.
I'm going to get ridiculed for this but I think out of all the Brits - Amir Khan did the best against him. Yes he got sent to the shadow realm eventually but it was only once he got too confident and decided he'd try and trade with Canelo. I haven't watched the fight back in a few years but I'm sure he was winning a decent amount of rounds

Soldato
I'm going to get ridiculed for this but I think out of all the Brits - Amir Khan did the best against him. Yes he got sent to the shadow realm eventually but it was only once he got too confident and decided he'd try and trade with Canelo. I haven't watched the fight back in a few years but I'm sure he was winning a decent amount of rounds
I just watched this again, commentators had him winning first 5 rounds , pity he got sparked out in the 6th lol, tbf & I had forgot this, khan went up two weights for that fight, he rocked Canelo a few times.

Soldato
I just watched this again, commentators had him winning first 5 rounds , pity he got sparked out in the 6th lol, tbf & I had forgot this, khan went up two weights for that fight, he rocked Canelo a few times.

People make fun of Khan and call him a glass chin but the punches he's been knocked out by would've knocked most out as well. Khan was an exceptional fighter and at one point was the best in his division - around the time Bradley was ducking him. Incredible handspeed but he also seemed to fall in love with his hand speed a little bit too much as well.

The only thing I can hold against him was his reluctance to fight Kell Brook but when you see the people who he did fight I don't think I'd say he was scared of fighting Book at all

Back
Top Bottom