Forza Horizon 5 - Mexico

Soldato
@Kelt MS's default location is C: if you dont have enough space it will just sit there.. you can change to another drive but i had this and it toom me half an evening of reg edits and other fixes to sort it.. complete ball ache

Soldato
Managed to collect all the fast travel boards, so no more paying for fast travel! Not that i was using it when I had to pay anyway :p

Also had fun drifting down the mountain, was surprised how long that course was.

To top it all off, just got a Koenigsegg Jesko on a wheelspin

Associate
Finding this good fun. I prefer circuit racers, but the Horizon games are just a laugh, plus it looks amazing and runs well.

I really struggled with the wheel though. Unless it's a smooth, flowing road race, I'm better and have more fun with the controller by a mile.

Soldato
Just shy of 7 hours in so far and loving it. So easy to just lose time into it exploring. Why I love the horizon games so much

The annoying stutter issue people are seeing is a pain in the rear, but set environment detail to medium and it goes away, seems an acceptable fix for now with it being minus 5 day release game.

Happy with the overall performance. I can get a solid 60 at extreme settings ultrawide

Associate
Skill song, X5, cactus area in the NW of the map, drift in circles, nothing to bump into that’ll end the chain. Between your drifts you’ll bump into debris that keeps the multiplier going. My best is 1.2 million before I gave up.

Thanks, just did a run in the area around the Buena Vista player house drifting into cactusses in an Exomotor FE with destruction skills boost. One 6 minute classic radio station skill song netted me 39 skill points. Still tops out at 10 skill points awarded for 500,000. So unless you're after accolades it's best to park and bank them at 500,000. You can park and bank 30 seconds before the end of the skill song then start a new chain. The chain continues after the song ends.

Associate
It's literally just buying new Supras from the store for 55k, then spending 5 skill points in their tree. 1 point gives you a small amount of exp (these add up and will level you for a few normal wheel spins), 1 to path to be underneath the super wheelspin node, then 3 points for the super wheelspin itself.

Thank you, I forsee quite a lot of Supras in my immediate future.

Associate
That's fine, but if it saves me wasting 20 minutes by using it once, I'll take it.

Life is too short, and this isn't Gran Turismo.

In FH4 I found that the cash boost from not having rewind on was more useful over time than being able to get out of situations where I stuffed it.

Associate
I can't decide which edition to get. either the premium or the standard. The premium will have 2 expansions which i will be getting anyway at some point, but i hate the idea of the vip, it is definitely pay to win. I don't need all the free super wheelspins, double credits for races, free cars from the autoshow. It sounds ok but i think i'd lose interest if I could just get anything I wanted

Associate
Cheers, did you notice if the skill point awards still top out at 500,000 like they did in FH4?
Was that a thing in FH4 then at one time? They must have removed it as I have a high over over 2M.

As for rewinds, it's an arcade game, of course I'll use them if I want :p

Man of Honour
Was that a thing in FH4 then at one time? They must have removed it as I have a high over over 2M.

It does seem the most skill points to spend on cars you can accumulate caps at 10 for each run. Really annoyingly my best skill run was without a x10 multiplier, typical.

Rewinds don’t seem to make any difference to XP/credit gain either, so may as well leave them on.

I can't decide which edition to get. either the premium or the standard. The premium will have 2 expansions which i will be getting anyway at some point, but i hate the idea of the vip, it is definitely pay to win. I don't need all the free super wheelspins, double credits for races, free cars from the autoshow. It sounds ok but i think i'd lose interest if I could just get anything I wanted

You won’t win anything more by having the premium edition than not.

Soldato
Enjoying the single player experience at the moment.

Online is just broken, constantly getting disconnect messages which weirdly stops the car dead from 250mph lol, and i'm constantly losing my VIP crown and other additions in the premium, oh and the treasure map sometimes shows all the boards and sometimes it doesn't xD very poor.

Associate

You can get the score as high as you like but it stops giving you skill points to use on cars at 10 x 50,000. There are accolades now for very high skill scores.

I'm not using rewinds, missing check points and landing upside down are part of the fun. ;)

Ree

Ree

Associate
I won't be doing it either as will end up having nothing to work for and will get bored easily if you get everything quick.

Soldato
I won't be doing it either as will end up having nothing to work for and will get bored easily if you get everything quick.

Agreed - I have been getting a great selection of cars etc. Just doing things normally and earning spins. Have to say the ratio of work and reward seems really good so far.

Man of Honour
Just got a refund on my Premium add on as the game just doesn’t work with Fanatec wheels at the moment. Crashes all over the place, throttle occasionally cuts out, button mappings just stop working or reset.

Works fantastically well with a controller but I really want to play with my wheel. When it was working it was amazing so I can’t wait until they patch, force feedback is really well implemented.

Back
Top Bottom