*** Sky Q Thread ***

Soldato
I've never had any issue getting Sky to give me a good broadband deal each time I'm up for renewal. I think I was paying £17/month for "up to 80mb" which I was more than happy with (Sky Q customer - and that is how they always sold it, good broadband price because I have a TV service).
Up for renewal, letter & email informing me my new price would be £28, however if I went online and signed up for a new contract it would be.......£28/month.
Tried retentions and got nowhere - I mentioned loyalty and I was told "that is what the VIP program is".
Anyway, long story short, I'm off to another ISP......
Still got 6 months on my TV - we'll see what they have to say about that next year.

Associate
Anyone else having problems with the Sky Q EPG, lots of missing programs or incorrect times? Seems to have been happening for a few days.

Soldato
After getting nowhere with the retentions team last week I thought nothing of it and left my account to cancel next month.

Missed a call from Sky last night but they just tried again and we got somewhere this time. Apparently, they have access to "Black Friday deals" for existing customers now.

Long story short I got -

Sky Signature
Sky Sports - Complete Pack
Sky Sports HD
Sky HD
Multiscreen (1 additional box)
Ultra HD

For £42 a month waiving the admin free and they agreed to swap my SkyQ box for a HDR box for free.

Maybe not the best deal out there but I'm comfortable with that.

Last edited:
Associate
After getting nowhere with the retentions team last week I thought nothing of it and left my account to cancel next month.

Missed a call from Sky last night but they just tried again and we got somewhere this time. Apparently, they have access to "Black Friday deals" for existing customers now.

Long story short I got -

Sky Signature
Sky Sports HD
Sky HD
Ultra HD

For £42 a month waiving the admin free and they agreed to swap my SkyQ box for a HDR box for free.

That’s not a bad deal. I just tried speaking to them and apparently no Black Friday deals available yet £76 was his best price for the full TV package (minus kids and with bundled Netflix), so have to play the cancel and wait for the offer game. My last deal was £64 which I didn’t think was too bad.
It’s the inconsistently between advisors and having to play this daft game every 18 months which I really dislike about Sky. It’s so customer hostile.

Soldato
This may be common knowledge but a word of warning for anyone who negotiates a new box as part of the 'dance' that is contract renewal.

I was given a free Sky Q HDR box as part of the 'negotiation' and I was told I would need to send back the old Sky Q box once I'd set up the new box. No issue with that and naturally it makes sense.

What they didn't tell me was it's a doorstep exchange. The driver wouldn't hand over the new HDR box without me giving him the current box first. Fortunately, it took 60 seconds to remove the cables and card but it wasn't the process that I'd been led to believe over the phone.

Again no big deal but maybe the information might prove useful to anyone who has their box hidden away or in a rack and suddenly find themselves being asked to present it on the doorstep.

Soldato
This may be common knowledge but a word of warning for anyone who negotiates a new box as part of the 'dance' that is contract renewal.

I was given a free Sky Q HDR box as part of the 'negotiation' and I was told I would need to send back the old Sky Q box once I'd set up the new box. No issue with that and naturally it makes sense.

What they didn't tell me was it's a doorstep exchange. The driver wouldn't hand over the new HDR box without me giving him the current box first. Fortunately, it took 60 seconds to remove the cables and card but it wasn't the process that I'd been led to believe over the phone.

Again no big deal but maybe the information might prove useful to anyone who has their box hidden away or in a rack and suddenly find themselves being asked to present it on the doorstep.

Yeah that caught me out, so much so i forgot to remove the viewing card. Was not happy when i realised!

V F

V F

Soldato

Sky is good at that lately. Poor communication.

Soldato
Moved house just over a year ago and never bothered getting Sky TV or Virgin Media. Found that I didn't really miss it at all, Netflix, Prime Video, the PS5 and Nintendo Switch were more than sufficient - I also haven't required a TV License!

Circumstances now are slightly different and we are thinking about getting the most basic Sky package, its mainly for the Freeview channels really but I have to factor in I'd now have to pay for a TV License. Netflix is free with Sky, is that correct? Can anyone point me to any offers currently going for new customers?

Caporegime
Moved house just over a year ago and never bothered getting Sky TV or Virgin Media. Found that I didn't really miss it at all, Netflix, Prime Video, the PS5 and Nintendo Switch were more than sufficient - I also haven't required a TV License!

Circumstances now are slightly different and we are thinking about getting the most basic Sky package, its mainly for the Freeview channels really but I have to factor in I'd now have to pay for a TV License. Netflix is free with Sky, is that correct? Can anyone point me to any offers currently going for new customers?
Send me a trust message and I can sort you out with a new customer code.

Soldato

No one 'has' to pay. They make you think you do by scaring people into paying for one.

Soldato

Long story short I got -

Sky Signature
Sky Sports HD
Sky HD
Ultra HD

Can I ask what your actual bill is a month as in do you pay £42 to Sky in total?

I ask as my bill is below, struggling to see how I pay £95 (I must be missing something)...

Sky-Bill.jpg

V F

V F

Soldato
I assume not many take out the Cinema package? and what I'd like to know is why the last two Avengers films are not airing on Sky Cinema. Every other superhero film is except those.

Back
Top Bottom