• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

If amd drop prices

Soldato
I think the chips with the highest chance of becoming bargains are the 10/11th gen Intel chips. Intel over manufactured and they have been largely rejected.

Soldato
Supply chain issues will affect UK pricing for a long time to come IMO.
More likely to do with the fact UK and Europe are the poor cousins when it comes to manufacturers rebates.

Hardware Unboxed are saying after speaking to retailers, anecdotally sales of ADL have been disappointing. If that's true then I don't see Zen 3 getting much of a discount (we might get one in January if the current lineup is superceded by this 3D cache design to clear out inventory space).

Soldato
More likely to do with the fact UK and Europe are the poor cousins when it comes to manufacturers rebates.

Hardware Unboxed are saying after speaking to retailers, anecdotally sales of ADL have been disappointing. If that's true then I don't see Zen 3 getting much of a discount (we might get one in January if the current lineup is superceded by this 3D cache design to clear out inventory space).

Didn't oc uk sales were good for them?

Soldato
Once Zen 3D launches, I think Intel’s sales will tank pretty badly especially the 10/11 gen parts.

I think Alder lake would have gained much more traction if Intel launched alongside Arc and offered as part of a CPU, Intel board and graphics card bundle. Intel could have positioned themselves as the saviours of PC gaming by giving miners the middle finger.

Intel’s marketing dept could have rolled out Tom Petersen and Ryan Shrout as Mary and Joseph in RGB dreamcoats.

OcUK Staff
I thought i saw gibbo say he had a tray of 12900k (1000 units) and had already sold nearly all of them.

Did he lie?

I never said that, I tell you the whispers on this forum are outrageous a times.

If people took the time to look you would see that I said the retail 12900K has nearly sold out, but we have plenty of the 12900K tray available and price it more aggressively to make it attractive.

I also said stock is superb compared to previous launches, but that demand is lower, however saying this the sales are very good, we are certainly not complaining and I know the sales are not a true reflection of demand yet due to lack of DDR5 availability.

Soldato
I never said that, I tell you the whispers on this forum are outrageous a times.

If people took the time to look you would see that I said the retail 12900K has nearly sold out, but we have plenty of the 12900K tray available and price it more aggressively to make it attractive.

I also said stock is superb compared to previous launches, but that demand is lower, however saying this the sales are very good, we are certainly not complaining and I know the sales are not a true reflection of demand yet due to lack of DDR5 availability.
Out of interest have you seen any softening in demand for Zen 3 products since ADL release or is demand still strong for Ryzen products?

Soldato

Any chance you could give us rough ideas of Asus Maximus Z690 Hero boards ETA's please? ;)

Thanks for all your info

Soldato

Ah ok. cheaper b660 which will help too

Back
Top Bottom