Ineligible for a loan (minor rant)

Associate
HSBC wouldn't offer me a remortgage claiming it was 'unafforable', but it cost LESS per month than the amount I was paying every month FROM my HSBC account to Barclays

Same here with Santander. 10 years with them, never missed any payments for anything in my life. Was told I couldn't afford their latest deal (cheaper thn my existing deal) so would move onto their SVR once my deal expired.

Soldato
Same here with Santander. 10 years with them, never missed any payments for anything in my life. Was told I couldn't afford their latest deal (cheaper thn my existing deal) so would move onto their SVR once my deal expired.

You could complain about that also. I think you'd have a very good case by the lender not offering you a new product, they are putting you at financial detriment. Effectively making you a mortgage prisoner.

Did you try to borrow more, or just like for like? If you were trying to borrow more that's different.

I don't think people realise how strict FCA regulation is when it comes to this kind of thing.

Lenders have to take this stuff seriously and there are strict guidelines they have to follow or they face large fines from the regulator.

Associate
It was three years ago. Just a deal renewal. I moved to a different lender.

I still have my banking and credit card with Santander. If I’m ever in the branch and they offer me a mortgage I laugh.

Soldato
It was three years ago. Just a deal renewal. I moved to a different lender.

I still have my banking and credit card with Santander. If I’m ever in the branch and they offer me a mortgage I laugh.

Ask them if they can put you right onto the SVR to save the hassle doing so later? :D

Nationwide denied me a debit card once that was weird, I went to HSBC and got one instead in the end.

Got a mortgage with Nationwide in the end though.

Back
Top Bottom