• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OCUK GPU prices correct or is there a code to use?

Associate
I refuse to believe the prices of the rtx 3070 and 3070ti are correct on the OCUK website because if they are OCUK should be utterly ashamed of themselves.

With an rrp of £529 for the fe surely the AIB cards should not be priced at more than £650 - £700 for the reference models

Soldato
I refuse to believe the prices of the rtx 3070 and 3070ti are correct on the OCUK website because if they are OCUK should be utterly ashamed of themselves.

With an rrp of £529 for the fe surely the AIB cards should not be priced at more than £650 - £700 for the reference models
This has how its been for ages now mate, it's not just ocuk its everywhere... Prices vary wildly and all are way above MSRP.

It's not OCUK pushing prices up, it's the AIB's that are doing it until supply gets better this is how its gonna be... maybe.

Associate
OP
This has how its been for ages now mate, it's not just ocuk its everywhere... Prices vary wildly and all are way above MSRP.
Great :/ I did wonder why there were so many rtx 3070 cards in stock. Its because knowone in their right mind would pay over £900 for a card with an rrp of £469.

Typical I finally get a bit of money to build a gaming rig and the prices are like this. I guess I'm stuck playing series x

Associate
OP
Belive what you want nowhere is selling cards at RRP. I'd be surprised if retailers can even buy them in at RRP.
I never expected to find one at rrp even before the shortage that never happened but I did not expect to find them at over double the price that is just insane and anti consumer

Soldato
Yeah I think your right I will hover on their website and refresh every few hours and hope I get lucky

Install telegram, get on an FE specific alert group, the second it pings, get onto nvidia and try and buy an FE. My friend managed to snag one last week this way and it's the only way I got a 3070 back in November last year.

Discord has similar alert groups but using them both in tandem, telegram was always slightly quicker with the alerts.

Associate
OP
Cheers guys just installed the app and added the group. Fingers crossed I manage to snag one on the next drop.

Any idea when the next drop is due?

Permabanned
Dont get disheartened if you miss out, keep trying. Also dont just see "out of stock" then give up, give it 10-15 minutes trying as they often flick in and out of stock as people get refused/cancel or whatever.

Pretty much the only way to get a card RRP and the FE cards are fairly good.

Soldato
Cheers guys just installed the app and added the group. Fingers crossed I manage to snag one on the next drop.

Any idea when the next drop is due?

I've noticed they're typically Thursday mornings but that's not exclusive.

Also if you miss a drop, try again 10/15 minutes later as refused orders will become available again.

EDIT: Just noticed the post above :D

Associate
OP
That's perfect thank you I will hold out some hope that I cam grab one on one of drops, I have a budget of £650 and really can't afford the scaper surcharge that all these companies keep adding

Associate
MSRP is a load of bovine excrement. Prices will never be MSRP again. It's silly to even think of GPU or any component prices, to ever be MSRP. It's a made up number.
I don't know where people get the idea that Nvidia RRP applies to AIB cards. It is exclusive to founders editions.

Soldato
I'd pick up an AMD 6700xt which although is still very expensive for what it is, offers the best value at the moment. As an alternative to an FE card if you can't get hold of one.

Associate
OP
I don't know where people get the idea that Nvidia RRP applies to AIB cards. It is exclusive to founders editions.
I completely agree and even stated that before the chip shortage msrp never existed which is why my budget is £650 and not £529 but the current pricing is just an absolute joke and companies like OCUK inflating their prices like they have is disgusting in my honest opinion.

U get scalpers will do it as there is no stopping those sick losers

Back
Top Bottom