*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Associate
Finally picked up a 128gb version yesterday after owning a rift a few years back. Tbh I’m feeling a bit underwhelmed with it.

I’ve bought RE4, The Walking Dead and Blade and Sorcery: Nomad. I’ve requested a refund on the latter two as both gave me motion sickness after a couple of minutes, and blade and sorcery was dropping frames etc. RE4 is ok because I can teleport. I don’t seem to feel sick with that but the cut scenes are a little annoying coming out of VR.

Maybe I was expecting too much from a mobile chip? The gfx are ok to a certain point.

I’m going to give it another play tomorrow but probably going to return it and wait a few years before trying again.
I second everyone else and would suggest holding on for a while, definitely worth trying to get your "vr legs" and once you're no longer feeling sick then it will be way better. Plus didn't you say you had a rift so have a pc capable of vr? You know you can now wirelessly stream games to the quest 2? Playing a few high end pc vr games will definitely get rid of any graphical disappointment you may have! Half Life Alyx and both Lone Echo games as well as walking dead on PC should amaze you as the screen is way better than the Rift

Associate
I second everyone else and would suggest holding on for a while, definitely worth trying to get your "vr legs" and once you're no longer feeling sick then it will be way better. Plus didn't you say you had a rift so have a pc capable of vr? You know you can now wirelessly stream games to the quest 2? Playing a few high end pc vr games will definitely get rid of any graphical disappointment you may have! Half Life Alyx and both Lone Echo games as well as walking dead on PC should amaze you as the screen is way better than the Rift

Sorry should have added I had a rift a few years back when I had a good gaming PC. I sold it with the headset a while back. Now I only have a laptop with a mobile 1660ti so not really up to VR.

I’ll keep it for a few more days and try and get some VR legs before I make any hasty decisions.

Soldato
Sorry should have added I had a rift a few years back when I had a good gaming PC. I sold it with the headset a while back. Now I only have a laptop with a mobile 1660ti so not really up to VR.

I’ll keep it for a few more days and try and get some VR legs before I make any hasty decisions.

If you keep it until Monday, join us in the social hangout. We can do something free together (maybe rec room), or even something paid (you can get a refund if you play less than 2 hours).

Associate

Ah I see! Still I would say stick with it and yeah, join the hangout thread. I would say the vr community is extremely welcoming from what multiplayer experiences I've had :)

Soldato

That was a few years ago though, if you don't keep up with it regularly you can soon lose your VR legs again.

Soldato
Finally picked up a 128gb version yesterday after owning a rift a few years back. Tbh I’m feeling a bit underwhelmed with it.

I’ve bought RE4, The Walking Dead and Blade and Sorcery: Nomad. I’ve requested a refund on the latter two as both gave me motion sickness after a couple of minutes, and blade and sorcery was dropping frames etc. RE4 is ok because I can teleport. I don’t seem to feel sick with that but the cut scenes are a little annoying coming out of VR.

Maybe I was expecting too much from a mobile chip? The gfx are ok to a certain point.

I’m going to give it another play tomorrow but probably going to return it and wait a few years before trying again.

The Walking Dead Saints & Sinners is awesome, although I played the PC version via Virtual Desktop rather than the Quest 2 native version. As others have said it sounds as though the main issue is that you need to build up your tolerance to VR so you can really enjoy the games.

Associate
If you keep it until Monday, join us in the social hangout. We can do something free together (maybe rec room), or even something paid (you can get a refund if you play less than 2 hours).

I would love to but I'm out tonight. I have decided to keep the quest after trying the demo's of creed and beat saber. I've changed the movement in RE4 from teleportation to normal movement and just been playing 5 minute sessions a few times a day and I'm definately getting better with regards to motion sickness. I could maybe do next monday, no idea how to do multiplayer in the quest but it shouldn't be to difficult to figure out :D

The Walking Dead Saints & Sinners is awesome, although I played the PC version via Virtual Desktop rather than the Quest 2 native version. As others have said it sounds as though the main issue is that you need to build up your tolerance to VR so you can really enjoy the games.

To be fair I think it's a game I would love when I get my VR legs. The GFX were fine on the quest version and there is something strangley satisfying about sticking a knife in a zombies head lol.

Soldato
I would love to but I'm out tonight. I have decided to keep the quest after trying the demo's of creed and beat saber. I've changed the movement in RE4 from teleportation to normal movement and just been playing 5 minute sessions a few times a day and I'm definately getting better with regards to motion sickness. I could maybe do next monday, no idea how to do multiplayer in the quest but it shouldn't be to difficult to figure out :D

To be fair I think it's a game I would love when I get my VR legs. The GFX were fine on the quest version and there is something strangley satisfying about sticking a knife in a zombies head lol.

As long as your headset is connected to your internet through Wifi, you can play. We'll see about the game when the time comes.

Soldato
Purchased Pistol Whip at the weekend. Having only played Beat Saber and Super Hot, this was the first time I've played a VR game with any kind of forward motion, took a bit of getting used to but really enjoyed it. Played through the 2089 campaign completing it but feels like I am only scratching the surface of this game, loads still to do. Did have a bit of a bead going on after the campaign, was good fun!

Soldato
Purchased Pistol Whip at the weekend. Having only played Beat Saber and Super Hot, this was the first time I've played a VR game with any kind of forward motion, took a bit of getting used to but really enjoyed it. Played through the 2089 campaign completing it but feels like I am only scratching the surface of this game, loads still to do. Did have a bit of a bead going on after the campaign, was good fun!

I love Pistol Whip, one of my favourite VR games. My only problem with the game is me, I ain't go no rhythm!! Your score is based on accuracy and keeping time with the music when shooting. My beat scores are rubbish!!

The campaigns are great, the western one is fantastic, love the music. And they have all been free add-ons. Can't wait to see if they release anymore free content for the game.

Associate
Yeah love Pistol Whip!! You should definitely play through the newer wild west campaign as well it's excellent! The game does have a lot of content once you dive into it :)

Soldato
Is it the Elite Strap with the battery? If not and it's just the ordinary Elite Strap without the battery than my suggestion would be put something on the back of the strap as a counterweight. Anything you have, even a phone. It's just to see if that is more comfortable for you. If it is, then you can do something more permanent. Like putting a battery pack there to extend your play time. I think there are attachments that you buy or print out using a 3D printer for the Elite Strap.

Just want to say this made a HUGE difference. I finally got to sit down and play a couple hrs of elite dangerous with no discomfort, whereas before it was "how long can I go before my forehead hurts too much?". Ended up rubber banding my old Ecig to the back of the top strap. Not exactly hi-tech, but it does the job nicely and just about perfectly balances it.

Big thanks Melmac

Soldato
Just want to say this made a HUGE difference. I finally got to sit down and play a couple hrs of elite dangerous with no discomfort, whereas before it was "how long can I go before my forehead hurts too much?". Ended up rubber banding my old Ecig to the back of the top strap. Not exactly hi-tech, but it does the job nicely and just about perfectly balances it.

Big thanks Melmac

You are welcome :)

I am using two bolts from an old projector ceiling mount as a counter weight on mine, now that's hi-tech :p:D

Soldato
Those of you that use your quest 2 for Steam and or Rift games, which do you prefer of the two? I can buy Medal of Honour on Steam or on Oculus but Oculus is currently complaining that Oculus is not the default XR runtime (I think I used steamVR last) and it seems a bit messy to get into Steam VR games when you have the quest landing page "in" the headset, you have the Oculus Link landing page (which I assume is what it looks like using a Rift / Rift S, then you have Steam VR "home" but also an Oculus "home" to walk around in and aaaah it's confusing!

Back
Top Bottom