• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Why GPU prices are NOT likely to drop significantly EVER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
OP
Odd that farmers are currently being paid subsidies to keep land as grass and not grow crops. Grass is only used for cattle feed. Meat production one of biggest methane emissions which is 20 x more harmful than Co2. All whilst hosting CoP26 this year!

We'll farmers are not growing enough, wheat prices are sky high, oats and cooking oil (canola) are making new world record prices etc!

Associate
OP
Why are you scaremongering? Our currency has always shown these signs, nothing new.

Not scaremongering just giving a early forecast.

We were told by the media, policy makers, central bank heads etc that the supply chain disruptions were the cause of unusually high inflation but now many
months have passed and supply chains and inventory's have not improved and it just looks like a convenient pack of lies! I see nothing temporary about the inflation?

I'm talking about a major currency devaluation which has been 50 years in the making. You're already seeing some of this take effect with high GPU and other item prices.
If there is no full blown currency collapse (pray) I expect at the least we'll see a MAJOR currency devaluation for the pound/dollar/euro etc through the next few years.
This means we'll be paying about 1k for a decent high end GPU and about 2k for top end from now on.

Soldato

We were told by the media, policy makers, central bank heads etc that the supply chain disruptions were the cause of unusually high inflation but now many
months have passed and supply chains and inventory's have not improved and it just looks like a convenient pack of lies! I see nothing temporary about the inflation?

I'm talking about a major currency devaluation which has been 50 years in the making. You're already seeing some of this take effect with high GPU and other item prices.
If there is no full blown currency collapse (pray) I expect at the least we'll see a MAJOR currency devaluation for the pound/dollar/euro etc through the next few years.
This means we'll be paying about 1k for a decent high end GPU and about 2k for top end from now on.

seriously you believe the media

laughing-hysterically.gif

Associate

If that is how the situation plays out forget buying a £1000 + Gpu and put your money into precious metals

Associate
OP
And why are you posting here the FT forums would love you if you posted this info there,

You're right I should post there but since I've been programming PC's for decades including todays modern GPUs I thought I would post post here as GPU shortages are
one of the first things that showed up on the radar.

In the early days there was no GPUs or directx, we did 3D polygons on the 386/486 cpu using assembler (machine code) like Nascar racing etc.
A rare mix of market trader and PC programmer!

It's funny you should mention precious metals, see my post below.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
*** IMPORTANT*** *** IMPORTANT*** *** IMPORTANT*** *** IMPORTANT***

1. The time you need to panic is when the US loses control of their key interest rates and it goes up to 5% or higher.
We are not there yet so no need to panic or expect mad max going on outside.

2. I've been watching the gold market for over 15 months now and its held steady with an average of $1700/oz or better
during that time so this is telling me that the first level of inflation/currency devaluation is very likely cemented now.
So no going back to low prices of the last 3 years or so across the board for products.

But something exiting seems to be happening just this week from Monday yesterday.
Gold is starting to break out in many major currencies, unless this is a false break then we may be moving into
the SECOND level of inflation/currency devaluation and also in the last few weeks crude oil has broken out after
7 years!
I don't really use TA but it can give important clues but either way I think the first inflation level is cemented in history now for the major currencies.

Gold can act as an accurate pricing measure against commodities/currencies over centuries and longer timespans.
This is about as exiting as it gets, lets see what happens from here on. :)

Regards, Harold

Last edited:
Associate
You're right I should post there but since I've been programming PC's for decades including todays modern GPUs I thought I would post post here as GPU shortages are
one of the first things that showed up on the radar.

In the early days there was no GPUs or directx, we did 3D polygons on the 386/486 cpu using assembler (machine code) like Nascar racing etc.
A rare mix of market trader and PC programmer!

It's funny you should mention precious metals, see my post below.

i expect you are in a minority when it comes to being able to program in assembler language these days. :)

Associate
OP
i expect you are in a minority when it comes to being able to program in assembler language these days. :)

Yep inhouse devs use a lot of C++ and C# for PC games and me too and it works because modern GPUs/CPUS are real fast.
In the 90s it was mandatory to use a lot of assembler to squeeze out every ounce of CPU performance or your game would run too slow.
Today there's still a big advantage using assembler as you get full hardware control, its like the devs use C# and ride their ford model T while I'm in my Ferrari, Lol!

Example you could have a much more complex/detailed scene by writing to the GPU hardware bypassing directx, unreal engine etc that wouldn't run very fast coded in C++ and C#.
You can push the GPU/CPU etc to the limit just as you could in the old days with assembler.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom