• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 6900/6950 XT Owners Thread.

Soldato
With the RadeonLive software, is there a way to split the audio tracks from the game vs something I might be watching on YT? I frequently watch camping/canoe stuff while gaming but the recording, whenever I might take it, includes both and I'd prefer just the game audio.

Soldato
With the RadeonLive software, is there a way to split the audio tracks from the game vs something I might be watching on YT? I frequently watch camping/canoe stuff while gaming but the recording, whenever I might take it, includes both and I'd prefer just the game audio.

RadeonLive is very basic you would be better off using OBS where you can pick which window/app/process etc you want to record.

Caporegime
No, only the audio and any microphone recording you do.

Associate
Hi guys, my 6900xt toxic's voltage seems to not go past 850mhv and then crash back down to 0 constantly. I have ddu'd and still having the same issue. Anyone have any ideas? The gpu clock has similar behaviour where it crashes down to 0 too.

Nvm i think I've fixed it.

Last edited:
Associate
So I noticed on the Sapphire website that my Nitro+ 6900XT should hit a max clock of about 2285 Mhz while the Nitro+ SE should do about 2365 Mhz. Mine repeatedly hits around 2330 Mhz for average clock speed in Time Spy, with VRAM hitting 2088 to 2100 Mhz when overclocked. So maybe it's binned higher than I thought. Based on the wording of the email they sent with the return tracking number, I'm worried that they might replace the whole card instead of just repairing the RGB header, and that I might get a slower card.

What kind of OC clock speeds are other people getting with the air cooled Nitro+ among forum members? Thanks.

Caporegime
So I noticed on the Sapphire website that my Nitro+ 6900XT should hit a max clock of about 2285 Mhz while the Nitro+ SE should do about 2365 Mhz. Mine repeatedly hits around 2330 Mhz for average clock speed in Time Spy, with VRAM hitting 2088 to 2100 Mhz when overclocked. So maybe it's binned higher than I thought. Based on the wording of the email they sent with the return tracking number, I'm worried that they might replace the whole card instead of just repairing the RGB header, and that I might get a slower card.

What kind of OC clock speeds are other people getting with the air cooled Nitro+ among forum members? Thanks.
All RDNA2 GPUs tend to go slightly over their boost clock so it’s normal. I wouldn’t worry, I’m sure you’ll either get the same card back, or better. Did you note the serial number down?

Associate
All RDNA2 GPUs tend to go slightly over their boost clock so it’s normal. I wouldn’t worry, I’m sure you’ll either get the same card back, or better. Did you note the serial number down?

Thanks. Yes, I have the SN of the original card, as I have it on the box and in the photo of the label on the card itself with the SN, and it's on the RMA form.

Soldato
I will be getting a 6900XT next week. Had been thinking about upgrading for ages, but, didn't want to pay over the odds. Was looking at 3080, 3080Ti, 6800XT and 6900XT cards and I said I would buy the first one that came up at closest to MSRP. The 6900XT won!! I will hate to lose the Ray tracing and DLSS performance that I am getting with my 2070 Super. And I am worried about the VR performance with my Quest 2. But, I am going to keep the 6900XT until the next generation of cards appear.

It's a reference model from Sapphire. The only thing I really want to do on the configuring side of things is to undervolt it to use less power without losing much if any performance. ICDP did a great guide for Vega 64/56 GPUs that were safe for everyone to use. Are there values that I can use for undervolting the 6900XT that will pretty much work for everyone? I might try pushing the boat out when I own the card for a while but just looking for safe values to get me started for the moment.

Thanks!!

Caporegime
I will be getting a 6900XT next week. Had been thinking about upgrading for ages, but, didn't want to pay over the odds. Was looking at 3080, 3080Ti, 6800XT and 6900XT cards and I said I would buy the first one that came up at closest to MSRP. The 6900XT won!! I will hate to lose the Ray tracing and DLSS performance that I am getting with my 2070 Super. And I am worried about the VR performance with my Quest 2. But, I am going to keep the 6900XT until the next generation of cards appear.

It's a reference model from Sapphire. The only thing I really want to do on the configuring side of things is to undervolt it to use less power without losing much if any performance. ICDP did a great guide for Vega 64/56 GPUs that were safe for everyone to use. Are there values that I can use for undervolting the 6900XT that will pretty much work for everyone? I might try pushing the boat out when I own the card for a while but just looking for safe values to get me started for the moment.

Thanks!!
The 6900 XT falls below the 3080 in RT but above the 3070 in most titles. Ray Tracing is still a big fat nothing burger in my honest opinion, but I can't see any circumstance in which you will see lower RT performance in a 6900 XT vs a 2070 Super.

No specific values, just try lowering voltage in -0.025v increments at the stock power limit and see where you end up.

Where did you get the 6900 XT reference version from? I am in the process of moving back to a reference card myself all being well, I forgot how damn quiet the thing is. :)

Last edited:
Associate
The 6900 XT falls below the 3080 in RT but above the 3070 in most titles. Ray Tracing is still a big fat nothing burger in my honest opinion, but I can't see any circumstance in which you will see lower RT performance in a 6900 XT vs a 2070 Super.

No specific values, just try lowering voltage in -0.025v increments at the stock power limit and see where you end up.

Where did you get the 6900 XT reference version from? I am in the process of moving back to a reference card myself all being well, I forgot how damn quiet the thing is. :)
I've been running Forza 5 to great affect on my Sapphire MBA card lol. (With the block of course) It hasn't missed a beat at 2650/2750Mhz 2122Mhz vram and +15power (293w) @ 1060mv. Happily holding just over 2.7GHz in game.

Soldato

Yeah, sorry, what I wrote wasn't exactly what I meant :) I was planning to go from the 2070 super to the 3080/3080Ti, whichever I got my hands on. I am losing that RT performance by going for that 6900Xt and not following the Nvidia upgrade path from my 2070 Super.

As for Ray Tracing, it's definitely not a "nothing burger" Ray Tracing for me is like when 120hz monitors first came out and the high price they were charging for them. You only really got to understand the benefit when you used one for a while and then tried to go back to using a 60Hz monitor. It's same for Ray Tracing. When I play a game with Ray Tracing and then try to play the same game without Ray Tracing looks flat. So I hope they keep pushing Ray Tracing and my next card will definitely be from whichever company has the best Ray Tracing performance. (hopefully things will be back to some sort of normality before the next generation of cards are released!!)

Thanks for the advice, will try it. Getting the card next weekend.

I am getting it second hand from a friend.

Back
Top Bottom