Energy Suppliers

Soldato
I'm on a smart meter, you have to have one to get on the "GO tariff", they take half hour readings, those readings are showing on the Octopus portal.
I thought with a smart meter you did not have to put in readings, bit daft if you do as they have half hour readings from you?.

Give them a call. If their system misses any half hour statements then it gets stuck.

Associate
Guys with Octopus, is their billing monthly?, I'm on the "GO" tariff been with them just over 8 weeks but no bills at all.

I get a monthly email saying I have a bill and have monthly bills in the portal. Smart meters are doing their 30min readings. Also get an email 1 week before DD is taken to advise what is going out (it doesn’t change but could have it set to pay whole bill)

Soldato
Scottish Power have set my dd at 150 ppm!

And suggest I raise it to 220!

Are they crazy?

I’m not sure what to tell you.

Take how many kWh do you use a year and how much do you pay per kWh. Multiple the two and add on the standing charge then divide by 12 and there is your answer.

Soldato
Are you heating your garden?

I have absolutely no idea how some people can have £200+ a month gas/electric bills.

Lots of reasons, some include larger than average property, large hobby/craft tools, inefficient boiler/heating, poorly insulated property, incorrectly setup heating. The list is endless...

Caporegime
It's brand new. I've no idea where they have this figure from.

It's going to be apparent after a couple of reads they are waaay out.

They have no usage metrics to go on
My DD with green was about 50 a month.

There are price rises. But it's not 3x!

Caporegime

I have absolutely no idea how some people can have £200+ a month gas/electric bills.

The 150 is their estimate of me as a brand new customer.
All they've had is opening reads. 150 is excessive. Let alone 200+!

Its a small 3 bed detached.

Hopefully after a couple of reads it will settle down.

It will be higher for us as we both WFH. But that's only heating 2 rooms during the day (thanks tado). Running 2 monitors and 2 laptops. So WFH is not a big increase. They don't even know this so it shouldn't be factored in.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime

The idea of a £200 electricity bill during cold weather would never be achievable at current prices where i am. We'll relocate in time to a new property which i am working on which will be quite a bit worse, too.

Point is: very situational, everyone lives in different properties under different circumstances in different locations.

Soldato
You probably didn’t give them accurate usage numbers (in kWh) when signing up, hence the estimated direct debit. Give them accurate numbers and they’ll review it.

Soldato
The 150 is their estimate of me as a brand new customer.
All they've had is opening reads. 150 is excessive. Let alone 200+!

Its a small 3 bed detached.

Hopefully after a couple of reads it will settle down.

It will be higher for us as we both WFH. But that's only heating 2 rooms during the day (thanks tado). Running 2 monitors and 2 laptops. So WFH is not a big increase. They don't even know this so it shouldn't be factored in.

Ahh as above, i think when i swapped to Eon next, i provided my annual usage figures so they gave me an estimate monthly cost based on that.

Back
Top Bottom