Fuji X Series

Man of Honour
They're brilliant! I took some long exposures recently and am pleased how they came out. Fuji XT-3 with my Samyang wide angle.

51627878914_afb607c256_b.jpg

51630295843_4508776c38_b.jpg

51581121889_75f7fca181_b.jpg

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Traded the X-E3 in for what I paid and gone back to the X-E4 (got one for £730 new). With the 35mm f2 and the thumb rest it's well balanced. The X-E3 I found the focus hit rate wasn't as good as I was used to and it was getting frustrating trying to focus on lower light, lots of hunting.

Associate
Traded the X-E3 in for what I paid and gone back to the X-E4 (got one for £730 new). With the 35mm f2 and the thumb rest it's well balanced. The X-E3 I found the focus hit rate wasn't as good as I was used to and it was getting frustrating trying to focus on lower light, lots of hunting.

Haha, let's see how many cameras and lenses you get through before the end of page 137 of this discussion :D

Soldato
Still need to get to proper grips with my X-T2, barely had time to use it and need to learn the controls properly as they are little different to Canons and Nikons I've used years ago.

Associate
I've been thinking about buying a fuji for mostly landscape photography during hiking and when on holiday. It's been between a fuji and perhaps a full frame Sony alpha. Possibly the A7iii. Maybe see what the black Friday or Christmas deals will be for both.

It would be my first camera and I've spent several months now deliberating which one to get for the xt 4 vs the Sony.

Any thoughts or advice? Thanks .

Associate
If you wanna go wide, pocketable and not too expensive in order to see if it clicks with you, any X body and the Samyang 12mm is a winner in my experience, and if it doesn't work for you, you'll get your money back. I could survive easily with the 12mm and the Fuji 35mm f1.4.

There's a Samyang 12mm autofocus on the way too. Having said that, AF on a 12mm isn't particularly necessary.

Associate
I've been thinking about buying a fuji for mostly landscape photography during hiking and when on holiday. It's been between a fuji and perhaps a full frame Sony alpha. Possibly the A7iii. Maybe see what the black Friday or Christmas deals will be for both.

It would be my first camera and I've spent several months now deliberating which one to get for the xt 4 vs the Sony.

Any thoughts or advice? Thanks .

If you want something very capable and almost pocketable, you can actually get great results with an X100V for landscape photography. And it doubles up as a superb travel camera in general of course.

Associate
If you want something very capable and almost pocketable, you can actually get great results with an X100V for landscape photography. And it doubles up as a superb travel camera in general of course.

I am after a camera more along the XT or Sony Alpha range. Interchangeable lenses. It does not have to be pocketable, happy to carry it/clip to my backpack strap.

The Samyang 12mm is a brilliant lens for the money. My pics above were taken using it. At 5.6 its perfect, and as has been said above AF just isn't necessary, although I do find swapping between AF lenses and the Samyang a bit of a pain on the XT-3.

I do like your photos. Nice to see what the XT can do and the lens is fairly cheap too considering the fuji lenses I looked at for landscape were around 800ish I think (xf 10-24mm). I thought from my research the sony would be better as you can get a wider field of view compared to the fuji on the wide lenses due to the crop factor.

Man of Honour
Thanks appreciated! I haven't used the Sony to be fair but I have used Nikon for years, and this Fuji blows that out of the water in terms of IQ, and richness of colour. That 10-24 looks good, and if I could afford it, that would probably be my next lens. But this Samyang is pin sharp and for the money I'm not sure anything compares.

Soldato
I have so far been finding the XT-2 with 18-135mm on a bullky side for travel photography and definitely not a pocketable combo.

Have just picked up Sony RX100 VI from John Lewis for a very tasty price with some cashback thrown in so see how I get on with that in terms of usability and if it can match the Fuji IQ.

Soldato
I can answer that for you now - it can't. I mean, its very good and especially so for the size, but its not APS-C levels of good.

Well yeah, not expecting it to be as good but see whether size trade offs are worth it.

But to make the decision even harder, MPB had a "heavily used" 16-80mm for £284 which ended up £265 with a student discount code that I just bought, didn't even seem that bad, definitely getting carried away already with equipment :D

Back
Top Bottom