Thinking of buying a laptop but had a question before I can buy. (forwarded from laptops forum)

Associate
Hello All,
Wasn't getting a reply on the laptops forum so I thought I'd try here, hope that's ok.

I'm thinking of getting this laptop "NITRO 5 NVIDIA RTX 3070, 16GB, 15.6" FHD 144HZ, AMD R7-5800H GAMING LAPTOP" link
But its partly going to be for work, my work involves a lot of swapping between info and and I need to have 2 monitors to do it efficiently. I've been looking into this and apparently you need thunderbolt to have 2 monitors on one laptop. Is this the case or am I missing something? My plan was to simply buy a docking station and use the DP ports on there to plug into my monitors but I was told that it might not be as simple as that.

Can anyone help?

Thank you :)

Soldato
I'm not sure this is "optimal" but you can also buy USB adapters to connect multiple monitors, although I've not used them and you may have to check for resolution support. Just mentioning it as a possible solution.

Associate
OP
Hi, thanks for the reply :)
But then id need to have a USB extender and 2 USB to DP converters, I cant imagine that's a good way to transfer the image if it would even allow it right?

Soldato
No, you buy a "USB to dual display port adapter" and plug it in one of the USB ports on the laptop. Search for that product name and see if it can do what you need.

Back
Top Bottom