GamesMaster is back!

Soldato
They need to invite Dave Perry and Kurt back for a rematch on mario 64. I have included a clip for all you youngsters who don't know what the hell were talking about.
Classic. Gotta love his body language at the end there.

Interesting factoid, Derrick Lynch, the black guy at the end there organised a fighting game tournament and then did a runner with everyone's money lol. no one saw him for years after.

Soldato
They need to invite Dave Perry and Kurt back for a rematch on mario 64. I have included a clip for all you youngsters who don't know what the hell were talking about.

I used to love watching GamesMaster, though I don't remember this specific episode. That Dave just comes across as sour grapes because he lost. What's the story behind this incident as he seems to use the fact the game wasn't released in the UK at the time.

Soldato
It's good that its coming back.

I've never understood why we dont have more regular gaming/computing shows on tv these days, especially with technology all around us.

Soldato
I will check out the debut episode at some point, but I would be surprised if this were a success.

Back in the old days, the best games coverage we had was magazines. You'd only get still images of new games, and especially new console generations and their big leap in graphical fidelity.

Gamesmaster was one of the few places you could view these games in motion, and certainly the only place you could see it in your own home (being from a small town, I didn't have a local arcade or games store to see them either).

Now, you just need to go on youtube to see it all, there's no mysterious exoticism of stuff like the Neo Geo, and technology advances are iterative rather than the mind-blowing leaps of going 3d, or even just from 8-bit to 16-bit.

Caporegime
I think it's hilarious. I like seeing the games I don't ever play. The new presenter is like Dominik Diamond Mk II but not really that keen on Sir Trevor. I can't get Sir Patrick out of my head to fully embrace the change.

Back
Top Bottom