• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Associate
getting peeved off with the storage space. What the best value stick to go for? I have my ps4 games on cheap usb drive

I recently got the WD SN850 1tb for 132 from the rain forest site (actually got the option to pay around 26 quid a month for 5 months interest free) and another 13 quid for a heat sink. Pretty easy to install and read speed is comfortably (around 6500) over the min required speed. I think 1tb drives are probably the best value right now as most ps5 compatible 2tb ones are well over 300.

Soldato
I recently got the WD SN850 1tb for 132 from the rain forest site (actually got the option to pay around 26 quid a month for 5 months interest free) and another 13 quid for a heat sink. Pretty easy to install and read speed is comfortably (around 6500) over the min required speed. I think 1tb drives are probably the best value right now as most ps5 compatible 2tb ones are well over 300.
What heat sink did you use with this? Thinking of upgrading my lad’s PS5 as the storage is nowhere near enough.

Oh, and does this run alongside the stock drive, or does it replace it? Thanks.

Caporegime
Excellent! Thank you

Make sure it comes with thermal pads and I would avoid those uses rubber bands to hold it together, go for one with screws.

I went for the big boy and it still fits, just can't screw on the internal cover. (although i have screw it in and have it to the side off at an angle so i won't lose it). It sits right there between the large fan and the SSD heatsink lol.

J8RvZjw.jpg

YAHN07b.jpg

Soldato
Make sure it comes with thermal pads and I would avoid those uses rubber bands to hold it together, go for one with screws.

I went for the big boy and it still fits, just can't screw on the internal cover. (although i have screw it in and have it to the side off at an angle so i won't lose it). It sits right there between the large fan and the SSD heatsink lol.

J8RvZjw.jpg

YAHN07b.jpg
That’s excellent! Thanks again, really appreciate your help.

Soldato
One year on from launch and I still haven't seen a single PS5 for sale at retail. Not one! Just Ebay scalpers.

As a 25 year PlayStation fan who normally get stuff on day one, this saddens me.

Man of Honour
One year on from launch and I still haven't seen a single PS5 for sale at retail. Not one! Just Ebay scalpers.

As a 25 year PlayStation fan who normally get stuff on day one, this saddens me.

Lot of places are limiting publicity when they are available now to try and prevent issues with their website and scalping, etc. there also seems to be a certain amount of manipulating availability for some reason as well.

There are tons in the retail channel at the moment (one place took 100 pallets of 36 alone) - but no idea when they will be available (possibly stock build for Black Friday or something though the price is controlled on them).

Soldato
It is crazy - I'm 40 and the first time I ever heard about PlayStation I was still in Secondary School.

I should know better really, I sold one of my Amiga's in the Yellow ads paper, then used the cash to pre-order a Jap PlayStation import with Ridge Racer, and I only had it a week to ten days and decided I wanted a Sega Saturn, so I swapped it with some bloke, again from the yellow ads paper, for a Saturn plus cash and Virtua Fighter, and a second controller, man I loved that console so much, when I got Daytona USA it was like the best thing. Still went back to my Amiga though. :p

Associate
What heat sink did you use with this? Thinking of upgrading my lad’s PS5 as the storage is nowhere near enough.

Oh, and does this run alongside the stock drive, or does it replace it? Thanks.

I got the QIVYNSRY M.2 Heatsink NVME 2280 - the rain forest's choice! It fits fine and can just about get the cover on as well though it took a bit of convincing! There's also this one Maxesla M.2 SSD Heatsink which is currently only 8.99 and has even better reviews (obviously not always proof of quality or value at that site) and similar design.

Soldato
Just had an email from Sony of a new thing called Playstation Direct where you can order consoles etc direct from them. Free delivery if you're a PS+ subscriber. They've been doing it elsewhere in the world but not in the UK until today. 1 console per order. https://direct.playstation.com/en-gb

Out of stock lol

Might be worth keeping an eye on it though for some who are still looking.

Soldato
I got the QIVYNSRY M.2 Heatsink NVME 2280 - the rain forest's choice! It fits fine and can just about get the cover on as well though it took a bit of convincing! There's also this one Maxesla M.2 SSD Heatsink which is currently only 8.99 and has even better reviews (obviously not always proof of quality or value at that site) and similar design.
Thank you! Plenty of choice for me.

Back
Top Bottom