Forza Horizon 5 - Mexico

Soldato
No crashes for me yet, been rock solid. Only thing that's annoying is the stutter. You'd think a 16 core CPU overclocked and on water, a 3090, 32gb of 3600mhz Memory and the game on a latest gen NVME drive would see no such problems.

The game as nice as it is to look at, it drives me bonkers with its cringe and constant throwing money and cars at you. I called it months back, I'll be bored of it after a few weeks just like all the other Horizon games, I reckon I'll be done in way less time than that..

Back to sim racing

Last edited:
Soldato
whats the issue?

6 - 10 speed gearboxes on cars that had max 5 gears

who wants to be changing up and down 3 gears just to take a corner

its gone crazy fast and furious with the gearbox

porsche taycan has a 2 speed gearbox like wtf

I'm assuming you also don't like any of the engine swap options, the turbo/supercharger installs etc that are also available for these cars.

The extra gears are useful when you have a car that can go to near 300mph, as 6 gears was just too big a gap between some of the gears.

The Taycan has a two speed gearbox as....it has a 2 speed gearbox!

Soldato
I started playing this today, I did see some disconnects but playing solo so didn't seem to affect me at all, also seen a few other bugs but nothing game breaking so far.

Best was after going through some water I had the water effect on the lens all the time, even multiple events later during the winning/prize giving bit there was water on the 'lens' :p

Enjoying it so far, didn't really have any great expectations really, I'll get bored soon enough but it's a good way to waste some time :)

I play with a wheel, personally I find that better than a pad even though it's nothing like a sim (even FM7 isn't anywhere near), there's basically no useful feedback but the wider range of motion is useful.

Soldato
I'm assuming you also don't like any of the engine swap options, the turbo/supercharger installs etc that are also available for these cars.

The extra gears are useful when you have a car that can go to near 300mph, as 6 gears was just too big a gap between some of the gears.

The Taycan has a two speed gearbox as....it has a 2 speed gearbox!

no ive played every FH and the original forza motorsports form the day the franchise started

never had so many gears in cars during the series

i bought an 850 T5 in FH5 and needed to change the gearbox because of upping the power as it hits the speed limiter, the minimum gearbox i could install was a 7 speed

its just silly what happened to the old forza style of tuning where i cna just install a custom 5 or 6 speed box and lengthen the ratios

Soldato
no ive played every FH and the original forza motorsports form the day the franchise started

i bought an 850 T5 in FH5 and needed to change the gearbox because of upping the power as it hits the speed limiter, the minimum gearbox i could install was a 7 speed

its just silly what happened to the old forza style of tuning where i cna just install a custom 5 or 6 speed box and lengthen the ratios

There is the option for a race gearbox for most of the normal cars which will be the 6 speed box from previous games, just doesn't mention the speeds on it.

Associate
No crashes for me yet, been rock solid. Only thing that's annoying is the stutter. You'd think a 16 core CPU overclocked and on water, a 3090, 32gb of 3600mhz Memory and the game on a latest gen NVME drive would see no such problems.

Same here on the Xbox ONE S. Although other games have stuttered in the past too. I haven't tried on my PC yet.

Man of Honour
Anyone not getting their daily wheel spin from Hotel Castillo?

Nope, none. I am however getting all the skill points back from the cars that I gift. Some of these systems are broken currently and until the servers are sorted I can’t see much else getting fixed. Still having fun though.

Soldato
I have to say it's been a pretty reasonable experience so far on my PC. Running at near maximum settings it doesn't quite have the wow factor that everyone was talking about in the reviews.

The game itself is exactly what I was expecting from Forza horizon, basically it's Forza horizon 4 set in a different environment and I'm ok with that.

It hasn't wowed me as much as Forza horizon 4 did maybe I'll go back and have a look at FH4 in the next few weeks because I haven't played it for about 2 years.

I'm not so sure this game would be as well received if it was called "Need for Speed blah blah".

Still I'm enjoying it and it's good to just pop in for half an hour to an hour to just mess about. But I'm glad I didn't pay 80 quid for it.

Soldato
Quick question as I’m new to Forza. Do you get penalised for using the rewind function, or is it there to keep the game flowing like a story without having to restart races all the time?

You'll get a small amount of extra XP or credits without using it (needs to be turned off in assists) but if you are doing loads of events, getting wheelspins etc you probably won't notice the difference

Associate

You can still do that. The "Race transmission" is the tuneable 6 speed.

Caporegime
You'll get a small amount of extra XP or credits without using it (needs to be turned off in assists) but if you are doing loads of events, getting wheelspins etc you probably won't notice the difference

Increasing drivatar difficulty increases your money/XP, and turning off certain assists but I noticed turning off rewind had no affect.

It mainly breaks any skill chains you had going, but that's not exactly a big loss. I barely use it in events, but sometimes it's the best way without having to completely restart.

Back
Top Bottom