Forza Horizon 5 - Mexico

Soldato
Having great fun with this though struggling to uncover roads since I got gifted the Polaris truck and I made it 4WD and 1700bhp :D You can travel almost everywhere in a straight line.

I do have the same problem with this as FH4, the amount of cars and money it gives you quickly removes any challenge and build up.

I’m really struggling with crashes though :( None actually driving around but going through menus, especially the upgrades, just causes the game to freeze and go back to desktop.

Soldato
I do have the same problem with this as FH4, the amount of cars and money it gives you quickly removes any challenge and build up.

yeah I'm finding it more fun to just stick to 800 rated cars for most races, the others just scale to your rating anyway to not that much point in using the beasts

Associate
While downloading this on game pass pc yesterday we had a power cut midway through the download , now the game refuses to install, all other games install fine on game pass, must be unfinished or corrupt files somewhere, any ideas?

Caporegime
Having great fun with this though struggling to uncover roads since I got gifted the Polaris truck and I made it 4WD and 1700bhp :D You can travel almost everywhere in a straight line.

I’m really struggling with crashes though :( None actually driving around but going through menus, especially the upgrades, just causes the game to freeze and go back to desktop.

On Steam? I've heard lots of people are having issues.

On Gamepass, not so much.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
While downloading this on game pass pc yesterday we had a power cut midway through the download , now the game refuses to install, all other games install fine on game pass, must be unfinished or corrupt files somewhere, any ideas?

My past experience of the MS Store is to just start over when you hit errors like that. They way they bundle and deliver their apps & games is somewhat obtuse compared to everyone else.

Do we reckon the premium bundle is worth it on top of the game pass?

Soldato
just have a look at the cars in the bundle, do you really want any of them, and will you get and play the expansions when they come out?

the game poops out credits and free cars so that side isn't really an issue

Soldato
On Steam? I've heard lots of people are having issues.

On Gamepass, not so much.

I'm on gamepass.

It happens the most when going through cosmetic parts so presumably is having to load all the different models/textures. The only thing I can think of is that it's something to do with having it installed on my game drive which is an old 2.5" ssd so re-downloading it to my nvme OS drive. If nothing else I should have slightly better load times now.

Soldato
Being reviewed really badly on the Microsoft store with many people complaining abut random crashes. There seems to also be many people who have fixed crashes by disabling their antivrus software

Soldato
It's a heap of fun but I got 2 hypercars within an hour which takes away the sense of challenge. Not sure if I'll continue with it.

What's the point in rewarding me with credits If your gonna give over 1m credits worth of cars to me for free right away :confused:

Soldato
Regarding the crashing issues I think I may have stumbled upon something.

When I had "no paging file" set the game would crash just as I was about to get into the menus.

When I had "system managed size" set I can play the game just fine.

For those that have crashes can you set it to system managed size and let me know?

Soldato
Regarding the crashing issues I think I may have stumbled upon something.

When I had "no paging file" set the game would crash just as I was about to get into the menus.

When I had "system managed size" set I can play the game just fine.

For those that have crashes can you set it to system managed size and let me know?

This is a common thing in general and is why (among other reasons) it's not advised to disable your paging file.

Associate
There's no real reason to disable the page file. If you have limited RAM then it'll cause problems, if you have loads of RAM (32GB+) then your system is rarely going to use the page file anyway. Windows is pretty good at memory management, just leave it to do whatever it needs to do.

Soldato

I had an issue where "Forza Horizon 5 Standard Edition" would stall on 0% downloading......in the end I managed to fix it by selecting "Forza Horizon 5" which downloaded fine.

The Xbox app is awful though. Unlike steam, ea, blizzard, epic or gog you can't access the game folder, or take a backup due to it being encrypted. You can only move to another drive in windows settings. If you have to do a fresh install of windows, you have to redownload the games again. Not funny when FH5, FS2020, Halo are all massive!

Soldato
This game has nice graphics, handling, stuff like that

but game design-wise, it is...worthless.

Talking about the progression specifically. There is zero joy in unlocking a car, there is no looking forward to unlocking any car, because the game is so damn generous with everything.

And then there is the cringe festival nonsense.

Not to mention it is more like an expansion DLC to Forza Horizon 4 (which itself was that to 3..). Everything except the map is identical or near-identical.

Reviewers should be more demanding.

That said I can see how this game could be a 10 for someone who never played previous games.

Associate
Struggling to really play this now, I seem to be having a new technical issue every time I fire it up. I've started to have random crashes that can occur from simply navigating the menus, I've had the horizontal lines appearing on screen which turned out to be an issue with SSAO, there's also instances of textures/geometry not loading in properly.

Online just isn't working in any capacity for me (suppose that's the same for many though), but the new one that makes it unplayable at the moment is my screen going all pixelated every 10-20 seconds. Looks like I'm playing at 640x480 lol. I've tried a few of the suggested fixes but nothing is working for me so far, I'm about ready to shelf if for a few weeks I think.

Associate
I had an issue where "Forza Horizon 5 Standard Edition" would stall on 0% downloading......in the end I managed to fix it by selecting "Forza Horizon 5" which downloaded fine.

The Xbox app is awful though. Unlike steam, ea, blizzard, epic or gog you can't access the game folder, or take a backup due to it being encrypted. You can only move to another drive in windows settings. If you have to do a fresh install of windows, you have to redownload the games again. Not funny when FH5, FS2020, Halo are all massive!

Ive tried everything suggested on various forums and still nothing lol, i give up.
Im more a simracer anyways :)

Back
Top Bottom