*** Elden Ring ***

Associate
I dont know what others are seeing in this game when it comes to the visuals? to me it dosnt l;ook very nice at all really, i think red dead 2 and even that samuri ( forgot its name) game on ps4 looks way better than this, defo dosnt look "next gen"

Yes graphics are not everything, its just ive been reading people saying how amazing this looks when to me it just looks ok

Soldato
I dont know what others are seeing in this game when it comes to the visuals? to me it dosnt l;ook very nice at all really, i think red dead 2 and even that samuri ( forgot its name) game on ps4 looks way better than this, defo dosnt look "next gen"

Yes graphics are not everything, its just ive been reading people saying how amazing this looks when to me it just looks ok
It was never marketed as next gen. Its on the old DS3/Sekiro From engine and that was always evident since the first trailer. People arent saying 'oh it looks amazing' from a visual perspective, more that its more of Dark Souls gameplay mixed with new and interesting environments.

I assume for legal and tech reasons that they could not move to the Bluepoint Engine but I would also assume that Elden Ring is the last on the old engine before they revamp completely.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Oooooh, Elden Ring.

Didn’t do anything for me unfortunately, but then again I never enjoyed Dark Souls games either. Much preferred The Surge for example. Will reserve judgment for when reviews are out, but I will be busy playing Dying Light 2 when this comes out anyways.

CDKeys have it for £29.99 now so if you like what you see well worth preordering. Can always cancel for a full refund before release date.

Soldato
It's really hard to see what exactly this game is going to be but every game they made so far was a masterpiece so hopefully this will be no different.

Visually it's fine. Definitely better than zelda breath of wild and that is a great game.

For me, elden ring will really need to have a great story and a point to being open world. It kind of reminds me of that "breath of the wild clone" that came out last December. I forget the name but your character had wings and I think it was an ubisoft game.

Zelda being zelda worked just for the fact the theme and style and people and items were already known and fans got to see that. Elden ring being totally new needs more than just an open world with random things to do.

Great boss fights definitely is something I'm hoping they do well.

Associate
For me, elden ring will really need to have a great story and a point to being open world. It kind of reminds me of that "breath of the wild clone" that came out last December. I forget the name but your character had wings and I think it was an ubisoft game.

I think that was called something something Fenyx Rising lol. It was pretty terrible.

Elden Ring is looking pretty cool to me. I don't know if they will manage to capture the same feeling that you got from Dark/Demons Souls, but then again I don't suppose they are going for that this time.

Soldato
Very hyped for this, adding elements from sekiro to speed up the dark souls gameplay loop seems like it will work well. Not a fan of open world games at all however open world only seems to be there to be a hub to connect the actual "levels" which I don't mind.

Soldato
Not entirely sold so far, even thoguh I'm a big From fan. The open world seems a bit tacked on and I'm not sure I like how the aesthetics. I also don't want a map/points of interests in a From game at all. Hope it won't be full of pointless Ubisoft busywork but actually varied and purposeful.

Maybe my slight disappointment stems from the fact that, having played BB, Sekiro and Souls, I think Souls is the weakest (still good) and Elden Ring definitely feels like it takes a lot of cues from that. It's a lot less BB or Sekiro than I thought, even the animations are almost exactly like DS3.

Miyazaki didn't want to me another Souls game so he went and did just that.

Stormveil looks good though, so does the boss so I hope for the best.

Associate
Really gutted that I didn't get into the network test. All the youtube clips from the likes of fightincowboy, acg, skill up and peeve seems very positive.

The new ashes of war mechanic looks great for build mechanics, especially in terms of experimentation.

Faith builds seem very strong with access to a powerful claw spell, heals and pyromancies, I may go down this route for a change in my first play through.

Back
Top Bottom