Ahmaud Arbery killing trial

Soldato
Surprised there isn't a thread on this, seems the only mentions were in the Derek Chauvin thread.

So we are already past day 3. Not looking good for the defendants so far. Their defence of they were trying to make a citizens arrest doesn't match their statements to officers at the scene. None of them mentioned that was their intent at the time.

The owner of the property that Arbery had looked around told police he didn't believe Arbery had taken anything and the prosecution said he was just having a "looke-lo" as do a lot of people on construction sites.

Looking like it could be a good old fashioned southern lynching. Hopefully justice will be served.

Soldato
OP
That’s exactly what it looks like.

What I find surprising (not) is all the comments in the Chauvin thread about this case from the usual suspects deuse, the running man but have all gone silent since more came out about the case. Now all they seem interested in is the Rittenhouse case.

They can catch up on the case here

Last edited:
Caporegime
What I find surprising (not) is all the comments in the Chauvin thread about this case from the usual suspects deuse, the running man, even dowie kind of defending him being killed but have all gone silent since more came out about the case.

What, specifically, are you referring to here? If you're going through that thread looking for mentions then at least point out what you're taking issue with if you're going to make claims about people.

Also, have you started this thread because you want to talk about the case or because of some expectation that others, in your eyes, ought to be talking about it?

Caporegime
Who was Ahmaud Arbery?

His family has described him as a good, generous young man with a big heart.

When Mr Arbery was in high school, he received five years of probation for a first-time weapons charge and in 2018, was convicted of probation violation for shoplifting, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution newspaper.

It emerged that, in 2017, a Glynn County officer attempted to tase him after he denied their request to search his car at a park.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52623151.amp

This is good, generous and big heart?

Caporegime
What I find surprising (not) is all the comments in the Chauvin thread about this case from the usual suspects deuse, the running man, even dowie kind of defending him being killed but have all gone silent since more came out about the case. Now all they seem interested in is the Rittenhouse case.

I just did a quick search with my user ID and his name and I could find one post - it was a request that you use another thread, not calling you dishonest here but what posts are you referring to in the quote above? Maybe I have mentioned it somewhere but it isn't apparent from a search?

wv8vuZJ.png

Man of Honour

First, the men that killed him could not possibly know any of that, so it's utterly -ing irrelevant. Simple victim blaming.

Two, "weapons charge"? That covers a raft of things. And I'll guess the version here is: "Black with a gun". Without knowing a lot more, it's still irrelevant.

Three, how is the dead man nearly being tazed because a police officer tried to carry out a most-likely illegal search and he objected, a defence for the killers? Again, strike for being irrelevant.

Soldato
OP

You never fail to disappoint. How would you expect his family to describe him? He isn't a murderer, he doesn't fiddle with kids. He is a kid who went for a run, was maybe nosy and paid with his life for that and being black in the wrong neighbourhood.

Weapons charge in the US could mean anything. And as for shoplifting, please that is something so many young people do, sometimes for the thrill, sometimes as a stupid dare. It is such a minor crime and means next to nothing about a person. We all did stupid stuff when we were young.

Its different in the US, in the UK the police can search your car and they don't probable cause. In the US there has to be a reason, they have to suspect you or a crime. So maybe the search was illegal and he was simply standing up for his rights.

All of that is irrelevant though. Those 3 men didn't know any of that. They saw a young black man in their neighbourhood and decided to arm themselves and then chase him down. When cornered he attempted to get the gun off the man closest to him who was pointing that gun at him and he was shot 3 times. He no doubt was in fear of his life, he had every reason to be so. He is a black man in Georgia and 3 white men are attacking him. History says he should be scared. Events after the killing proved that institutional racism is still alive and kicking and if it hadn't been for the video getting out those 3 men would be sat at home drinking a beer, at least one of them laughing at the (n-word) he killed and got away with.

Soldato
OP
Whys the guy that recorded it on trial?

Why wouldn't he be? You could say the same of the killers father as he didn't pull the trigger either. Felony murder is one of the charges and could be charged to every person who took part in a crime where someone was killed/murdered regardless of whether those people took part in the actual killing or not or a killing was ever planned. So a robbery where someone died, every one who took part could be charged with felony murder.

He did cooperate with police though so if convicted he might get a more lenient sentence. At least he appears to have shown some remorse.

Caporegime
Why wouldn't he be? You could say the same of the killers father as he didn't pull the trigger either. Felony murder is one of the charges and could be charged to every person who took part in a crime where someone was killed/murdered regardless of whether those people took part in the actual killing or not or a killing was ever planned. So a robbery where someone died, every one who took part could be charged with felony murder.

He did cooperate with police though so if convicted he might get a more lenient sentence. At least he appears to have shown some remorse.

What actions did he take to contribute?

Caporegime
You know what you are right, my dyslexia had me mix up dowie and deuse in a post. I apologise, you didn't say what I thought you said.

Thanks. No worries then (not the first time someone on here has mixed up the two user IDs btw..) - I did spend time looking in the thread but could only find me asking others to post about that topic elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom