People eating butter

Caporegime
I used to often quickly grab a spoonful of peanut butter or Nutella without my parents noticing.

Dad would tell me off because it’s unhealthy. He’d then sit down to a fried bacon butter with lashings of anchor, followed by a fag and a few hours later disappear to the pub for the day, hypocrite :mad:

Commissario
Do you know anyone who does this?

Obviously people eat butter as an ingredient, but one of my colleagues asked me to get her a tub of butter from the shops while I was out - OK, no problem - but when I brought it back she proceeded to eat it out of the tub. Is it weird that I've never seen this being done before? Is it common?
She didn't even deep fry it on a stick?

Man of Honour
Perhaps she's building up her fat reserves to swim the Chanel.

She should smell nice after that.

Butter is like bread - you don't eat it by itself.

Butter + bread together is fine.

I’m partial to a couple of slices of unbuttered sourdough or rye bread, not regularly but on occasion.

Except you said you bought a tub of something, actual butter doesn't come in tubs!

Over here you can buy butter in tubs, but maybe it’s mixed with something else, not pure butter, I know that in the U.S. butter is sold in sticks.
I asked a supermarket manager in Macon, Georgia why this was, he said, “As much as we love you Brits, we just like to confuse y’all at times I guess.”

Man of Honour
Sugar sandwiches as a kid with real butter, thought of it makes me heave now though.

Also golden syrup sandwiches.

Can't vouch for it being real butter, but my grandma would fix me sugar sandwiches when i was around 4 y.o.,
this would have been circa 1943 and there was a war on, with both sugar and butter on ration I guess.
I also got syrup sandwiches when I was a bit older, I loved 'em.
Couldn't have done me much harm, I'll be 82 this month, (please God), and I have all my own teeth bar one implant, and I fluctuate between 76 and 78 kilos.

Soldato
Do you know anyone who does this?

Obviously people eat butter as an ingredient, but one of my colleagues asked me to get her a tub of butter from the shops while I was out - OK, no problem - but when I brought it back she proceeded to eat it out of the tub. Is it weird that I've never seen this being done before? Is it common?
It was banned in 1832 so she needs reporting to the constabulary.

Back
Top Bottom