Forza Horizon 5 - Mexico

Soldato
So moving the game to my OS nvme seems to have fixed the crashing in the menus but now I'm getting random framerate drops where it's a slideshow for a couple of seconds.

On a happier note though, I just found out someone has made the Binky paintjob for the mini so of course I had to get it. Wide body, engine swapped for an 2 litre I4 with turbo and 300bhp seems about right :D

QjFRk59.jpg

Associate
This game has nice graphics, handling, stuff like that

but game design-wise, it is...worthless.

Talking about the progression specifically. There is zero joy in unlocking a car, there is no looking forward to unlocking any car, because the game is so damn generous with everything.

And then there is the cringe festival nonsense.

Not to mention it is more like an expansion DLC to Forza Horizon 4 (which itself was that to 3..). Everything except the map is identical or near-identical.

Reviewers should be more demanding.

Worthabuy said pretty much the same thing also many people (with good rigs) seem to be having technical problems. I wonder if it's a Windows 11 issue , plays fine for me on Windows 10.

Soldato
It's a heap of fun but I got 2 hypercars within an hour which takes away the sense of challenge. Not sure if I'll continue with it.

What's the point in rewarding me with credits If your gonna give over 1m credits worth of cars to me for free right away :confused:

yeah but the alternative is to make players user cars that they don't want to use for 10's of hours to grind out to get a car they want to play. Prefer this way really, just pick the correct car for a race type without having to grind for ages

Soldato
I'm really glad I learned and got this via the 1$ Gamepass offer instead of dropping a lot of money on the Premium like last time. It's quite fun but it's just more of the same with no clear sense of progression or challenge and I'm rather sick of all this cringey festival stuff. The fun in these games for me seems to last until I've driven around the entire map enough and tested all the cars that interest me.

The DLCs are pointless, I'll be long done with the game before they drop, just like the last time. Especially that I'm constantly getting ridiculous rewards for literally nothing and how many cars do you really need?

Still think FH3 was the best of the bunch, the festival stuff didn't feel as forced. The map was also good and I liked Blizzard Mountain. Maybe 5's map is better, so far it doesn't do that much for me, we'll see in 10-20h.

Man of Honour
Now that I've ticked off several boxes like discovering all roads, finding most boards, having several of the best cars and enough money to buy many of the rest I'm enjoying just jumping into random challenges after work :)

Still lots of bugs evident like the dead stop and disconnect bugs, but I'm finding it to be very relaxing.

Soldato
@Andybtsn

What you need to do is launch DS4Windows (the one by Ryochan) with the controller connected. Launch the game and get to the first prompt screen. DS4Windows > Settings > Tick "Hide Ps4 Controller" for about 10 seconds, then untick it. Should be good to go.

Soldato
Have they now sorted the problems with windows 11 and amd cpus? hows windows 11 for you when gaming? on par with windows 10? im a bit behind on the news about it all
I'm on Ryzen 5900x and w11 has always been faster / more stable fps

Lot of my games are now locked at 4k 120hz Vs W10 which was 4k 90-120fps

On Forza extreme at 4k I get 77 to 100fps with 3090

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Just got it for £1 lol. Xbox Game Pass was on offer again and it says the deal ends 2/9/2022 so looks like I'll have a long play run with this and anything else that comes out between now and then.

Soldato
Yeah I wouldn't pay any real money for this, I have Game Pass for anyway so it's effectively free :p

The first Horizon I played was FH4 and I agree with the zero-challenge comments, even without trying and not spending any time I've got plenty of money and bought/tuned two cars I have an interest in doing (Mk1 MX5 and Mk1 MR2 Supercharged, good times \o/), with the scaling I can race/win with any car (admittedly not set overly hard and occasionally using rewinds but I don't care) so just keep getting stuff...

I did try FM7 a bit ago, and apart from not liking the feel for a more 'serious' racing game the progression also kinda felt like a slog so got bored about as quickly as I'll get bored with this :D

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I forgot I bought Forza Motorsport 7 as just spotted it earlier in my Game Pass when I went to run Forza 5 for the first time. Guess I must have been bored of that as it barely even had play time. Horizon 5 on the other hand seems really fun. Perfect for those evenings where I just want to unwind and have a Fast & Furious style blast about.

I ran the benchmark and was very very impressed. My monitor is only 60Hz so knew I'd be aiming for that with vsync and the 2070 Super is holding up to its perf scale nicely. The CPU is no longer my lowest fps bottleneck any longer which is nice to see :D

Also, the Extreme gfx preset is not fully extreme as it leaves some options still on Ultra, I went and changed those to Extreme too hence why it shows as Custom. The game auto detected my system as 2560x1080 and Ultra but I changed all that which is quirky because all reviews I read showed that a GFX card with more than 8GB VRAM was needed for 1440P when using Extreme preset yet you can see from my benchmark result below that I didn't even use all 8GB of VRAM and the game will notify you if the VRAM limit is reached at any time.

Benchmark.jpg

Back
Top Bottom