What Virtual Reality games are you playing?

Soldato
Player 22. A sort of VR fitness/training game. Has a few different games and sports to try, like heading a ball, throwing an American football and a reaction wall. Haven't tried the heading game. Just the reaction wall and the American football throwing. Both very enjoyable.

Crazy Kung Fu (the demo version) Pretty simple concept, you fight against a training dummy. It's like a Wing Chun Dummy. But instead of you moving around, the dummy has rotating arms that spin around with various attachments. The swords you have to dodge, you block the staffs, you punch the pads. And that's basically it. Sounds easy, until you actually start playing, especially when you move up levels. Another very good game, extremely addictive!!!

Associate
Anyone played Synth Riders? How does it compare to Beat Saber? I'm mostly interested in it because it has some official Muse songs.

I like it. There are loads of free custom songs for it too at synthriderz.com

There's a free demo available via sidequest if you want to check it out.

Soldato
I'm back onto modded Skyrim VR. with the latest VR mods it's almost like a game designed natively for VR.

I also finally managed to get DOOM VFR working with stick turning (could you believe it, the game doesn't ship with this enabled and you have to use console commands to get it working).

It's not actually a bad game, except it's let down by not having native controls for the Index so suffers from really bad button mapping unless you go into Steam VR and manually swap stuff around.

Associate
I'm back onto modded Skyrim VR. with the latest VR mods it's almost like a game designed natively for VR.
Hey Ravenger. I think it was you that mentioned the Wabbajack Ultimate VR modlist some time ago. I’ve been using this for a few months and followed the install/setup guide. Using MO2 as described but I’ve never updated any mods.
These new mods you mention are they just updates of ones from that same modlist?

Soldato
Hey Ravenger. I think it was you that mentioned the Wabbajack Ultimate VR modlist some time ago. I’ve been using this for a few months and followed the install/setup guide. Using MO2 as described but I’ve never updated any mods.
These new mods you mention are they just updates of ones from that same modlist?

Yeah, just updates of VRIK and HiggsVR mostly.

I haven't updated my wabbajack modlist itself, as I've now got a reasonably stable game (still crashes though!). What I have been doing is updating some mods manually with newer versions and adding in some of the new mods like Spellwheel, and also including Riverside Lodge which is the best player house I've found yet.

Associate
Yeah, just updates of VRIK and HiggsVR mostly.

I haven't updated my wabbajack modlist itself, as I've now got a reasonably stable game (still crashes though!). What I have been doing is updating some mods manually with newer versions and adding in some of the new mods like Spellwheel, and also including Riverside Lodge which is the best player house I've found yet.
Thanks. I’ve tried to use MO2 interface to update mods even with it set up to login to a paid nexus account. I’ll just try updating mods manually cheers. It’s running really nice now. Using more than 1 follower for me makes it more likely to crash going through a door

Soldato
I haven't done any VR in months but today I fired up GTA:V and had the magic hit me again. I got a convertible by chance to drive around in and it was raining but in the evening the sun came out so I put the roof down and was cruising down the freeway next to some wind turbines doing 'nice graphics' in the sunset, watching my car's shadow 'flutter' in and out of the the freeway fence thing and California Soul came on the radio. It was a great moment!

Soldato
I haven't done any VR in months but today I fired up GTA:V and had the magic hit me again. I got a convertible by chance to drive around in and it was raining but in the evening the sun came out so I put the roof down and was cruising down the freeway next to some wind turbines doing 'nice graphics' in the sunset, watching my car's shadow 'flutter' in and out of the the freeway fence thing and California Soul came on the radio. It was a great moment!
Did you proceed to then mow down some civilians and do some drive by shootings? :cry: Seems like the perfect moment

Back
Top Bottom