*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Soldato
I'm wondering which CPU to use for this game. It's for my partner's PC and she's currently using a 5600X, 32GB and 2070S. She games at 3440*1440 @ 100Hz. As battlefield games are normally heavy on the CPU I'm wondering if it's worth using a spare 3900X I have lying about? It's got twice the cores/threads which might be more useful than the IPC increase?

I hope the release version have better cpu utilisation. The in the beta I only had 30% cpu utilisation where as in bf5 it was over 50% with my 5600x

Associate
I got xbox game pass for PC for £1 the other day which gives me EA play. If I pre-order the game now through EA/Origin, will I get the 10 hours playtime starting tomorrow? Also, what time does the game unlock tomorrow?

Associate
Taken from PCGamesN:

"If you have pre-ordered a Gold or Ultimate version of Battlefield 2042, the game unlocks on PC through Steam, Epic, Origin, and EA’s new beta app on November 12 at 12am PST / 3am EST / 8am GMT. On consoles, the game unlocks at 12am November 12 in your region – in the US, that means west coast players can get in at 9pm PST on November 11, right as the clock hits midnight on the east coast."

So if you set time to 12am somwhere else, you could play early on console?

Soldato
I hope all this hype is worth it, i bought it cos my friend tried the beta and said it was good. Haven't touched a BF game since Battlefield 3 and nothing has come close to battlefield 2142!

Soldato
Sign up for £1 gamepass trial, go to install EAPlay - email is linked to an old xbox account.

Cool, no problem, login to EA, unlink xbox account.

Go back to EAPlay, only one lifetime xbox link allowed.

Soldato
I have the Gold Edition already purchased for my Series X Xbox, I read that there is cross progression between platforms so will potentially get it for my PC too. I'm a little confused as to what version i will need though. Will the battlepass from the Gold Edition carry over to the PC if i just buy the standard version or do i need to duplicate versions, one site mentioned cross-commerce but i've not found anything official.

Back
Top Bottom