*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Soldato
Yeh just seen this. No preload but can access tomorrow.

If you are an EA Play member or an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate member, you’ll have access to a 10-hour trial from:
  • PC: Global release on November 12, 2021 at 8 a.m. UTC
    • London: 8 a.m. GMT

Man of Honour
Yup, I'm going to do the 10 hour trial and then if its fully clicked with me I'll pick up the gold edition on Sunday in order to continue straight away

Man of Honour
I thought that you had to pre-order the game to get the 10 hours too? Or is that already included in EA Play?

10 hours is already included with standard EA play as per my post at the bottom of the previous page.

You get the 10 hour trial tomorrow if you have EA play/gamepass

"If you have the non-Pro version of an EA Play subscription ($5/month or included with Xbox Game Pass), you can play Battlefield 2042 for 10 hours starting at midnight PST on November 12. If you want to keep playing after the 10-hour trial period, you'll have to upgrade to EA Play Pro, or buy the game a la carte."

Associate
It does say its a beta app though to be fair, so not an enormous surprise if its a bit glitchy.

I would argue it's an oversight more than a glitch, sucks having to have the EA Desktop App for the EA Play stuff and the Origin App for some of the other stuff... The EA Desktop App has been around since September 2020 so plenty of time to integrate imo.

Soldato
I would argue it's an oversight more than a glitch, sucks having to have the EA Desktop App for the EA Play stuff and the Origin App for some of the other stuff... The EA Desktop App has been around since September 2020 so plenty of time to integrate imo.
And its still crap takes 4 longer than ANY other launch to open or display games i actaully timed it 3 minutes to show the collections. reported & fix in next few rreleases....

Underboss
I've got EA desktop, not really used it yet but fingers crossed it's not broken for tomorrow. It would be typical lolEA if it was though.

J0SH86 if anyone wants to join for some games.

Caporegime
Hazard zone sounds like counterstrike ffs, getting data drives to a vtol (hostages back to your base) to earn credits to get better gear for the next round. zzzzzzzzzz

The only thing vaguely appealing is portal mode and as thats all hosted by players i don't see it lasting unless ea introduce servers for hire.

Man of Honour

Glitch or oversight or whatever other term it may be, its still a beta, unless you think it was a nefarious deliberate act on the part of some disgruntled anti-gaming EA employee :D . Too many people, ESPECIALLY gamers seem to have forgotten what the word beta means.

Man of Honour
Hazard zone sounds like counterstrike ffs, getting data drives to a vtol (hostages back to your base) to earn credits to get better gear for the next round. zzzzzzzzzz

The only thing vaguely appealing is portal mode and as thats all hosted by players i don't see it lasting unless ea introduce servers for hire.

Nah, as I've said before in this very thread, Hazard zone sounds more like The Hunt Showdown, on the plus side as you dont like Hazard Zone or Portal or BF2042 itself, it at least saves you some money in not purchasing it :p

Caporegime
Nah, as I've said before in this very thread, Hazard zone sounds more like The Hunt Showdown,

Pretty sure taking an objective back to your base to get money for weapons for the next round was in counterstrike LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG before the hunt. Like at least 15 years before it.

on the plus side as you dont like Hazard Zone or Portal or BF2042 itself, it at least saves you some money in not purchasing it :p

As i said before portal mode is the only thing that holds any value as the rest of the game has been dumbed down substantially to try and pull some of the COD crowd to it. It even seems that a lot of vids on youtube are holding on to portal mode as the most popular mode, but without actual server support that mode can't hope to have as much impact as they hope as the hosts net connection is what determines if its fun or not. The mode could be amazing but with peoples net conection acting as the server it could well be doomed from the outset.

Associate
Glitch or oversight or whatever other term it may be, its still a beta, unless you think it was a nefarious deliberate act on the part of some disgruntled anti-gaming EA employee :D . Too many people, ESPECIALLY gamers seem to have forgotten what the word beta means.

Agreed but surely this should be in there from the off? It's not some new feature they are trying out, it's a storefront without the access to it's games.

Epic got all kinds of crap for their store and EA deserve some too.

Man of Honour
Agreed but surely this should be in there from the off? It's not some new feature they are trying out, it's a storefront without the access to it's games.

Epic got all kinds of crap for their store and EA deserve some too.

I agree, it should be there from the off, however I work alongside software development and regularly see similar things happen with releases of apps so it doesnt surprise me as much as it might surprise some. Its just another of those "it happens" things.

Man of Honour
Pretty sure taking an objective back to your base to get money for weapons for the next round was in counterstrike LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG before the hunt. Like at least 15 years before it.

Yeah but only losers and tards play CS, whereas cool people play Hunt Showdown, so I prefer to compare it to the cool one :D

As i said before portal mode is the only thing that holds any value as the rest of the game has been dumbed down substantially to try and pull some of the COD crowd to it. It even seems that a lot of vids on youtube are holding on to portal mode as the most popular mode, but without actual server support that mode can't hope to have as much impact as they hope as the hosts net connection is what determines if its fun or not. The mode could be amazing but with peoples net conection acting as the server it could well be doomed from the outset.

True, I actually think Portal mode will prove to be the most popular mode in the game but lets face it Gerard, you've pretty much been against the game since your first post in this thread and have made 242 more posts following that first post with essentially nothing but bad things to say about the game, so to be honest, at this point, nothing they do or say will have you portraying the game in a positive way so why bother to try, to go back to the 2000s a little, haters gonna hate :p

Caporegime
True, I actually think Portal mode will prove to be the most popular mode in the game but lets face it Gerard, you've pretty much been against the game since your first post in this thread and have made 242 more posts following that first post with essentially nothing but bad things to say about the game, so to be honest, at this point, nothing they do or say will have you portraying the game in a positive way so why bother to try, to go back to the 2000s a little, haters gonna hate :p

So tell me how portal mode is meant to succeed when the game is set up by a player and as soon as he quits the server does as well? You would think that the option of servers for it would be there at least and that is something the bilkers at ea would be able to guzzle even more money for. Unless the mode gets actual server support then it'll likely be a side attraction for a few months at best.

As for the base game itself it deserves a lot of criticism, it's entirely dumbed down vs previous entires in the series. Vehicle gameplay has devolved from vehicles having subsystems to be damaged to reduce it's effectiveness before taking it out to being basically a big rolling damage block that operates the same if its at 1% or 100%. Infantry combat has devolved into players sliding around the map like it's an ice rink firing guns that have as much recoil as a bb gun. Portal mode has the options to disable some of that crap but again the server situation is a question mark.

I'm still gong to try the game for a few hours but given the "beta" and some of the vids ive watched today giving their opinions it would seem that not a lot has changed since last month.

Man of Honour
So tell me how portal mode is meant to succeed when the game is set up by a player and as soon as he quits the server does as well? You would think that the option of servers for it would be there at least and that is something the bilkers at ea would be able to guzzle even more money for. Unless the mode gets actual server support then it'll likely be a side attraction for a few months at best.

As for the base game itself it deserves a lot of criticism, it's entirely dumbed down vs previous entires in the series. Vehicle gameplay has devolved from vehicles having subsystems to be damaged to reduce it's effectiveness before taking it out to being basically a big rolling damage block that operates the same if its at 1% or 100%. Infantry combat has devolved into players sliding around the map like it's an ice rink firing guns that have as much recoil as a bb gun. Portal mode has the options to disable some of that crap but again the server situation is a question mark.

I'm still gong to try the game for a few hours but given the "beta" and some of the vids ive watched today giving their opinions it would seem that not a lot has changed since last month.

I'm not going to tell you how its going to succeed because ultimately I dont care, I will play a game, any game, IF I find it fun, once it ceases to be fun I will stop playing it, its really that simple. I am not a game coding god, I am not a network god, I am not a game design god. All I am is a guy on an online forum who plays games that he finds fun and doesnt play ones that he doesnt find fun. If it ends up just being fun for a few months then so be it, I'll play it for a few months, get my moneys worth for those months and then move on to the next game, no big deal or life shattering despair because it didnt succeed. Its just a video game.

As I say, for 244 (now) posts in the thread , you've been negative about the game. Its really not rocket science to any reader who has followed the thread for them to understand your stand on the game, its a pity that the game hasnt turned out to be one you like, I hope you find one thats a better fit for you and that you find as fun as I found the BF2042 beta and then both you and I can be happy about our games and we can both then post 244 posts of positivity rather than negativity. Too much negativity makes Jack a miserable boy after all, or some such saying :D

Caporegime
10 hours is already included with standard EA play as per my post at the bottom of the previous page.

My EA app says I have EA Play (thanks to it being linked with my Xbox live account, which has Gamepass)

However, I can't preload the game - It asks me to pre-order.

Any ideas? Or is it only Xbox users, not PC users who get to pre-load?

Back
Top Bottom